AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.11.12 02:00:32
really glad I found this software as it seems to capture the video better than anything else I have tried. I had purchased Roxio vhs to dvd capture a while back but the video capture is so shaky it is really really bad. but I am using the Roxio "video capture USB" to hook my VHS player to my PC. I had to change the video format to 640 x 480 so that video and sound would sync or I would get the out of sync error. by doing this I can capture the video and it is great but no matter what I try I cannot get any sound. I get sound on some of the other programs such as Roxio, and golden video. is there a fix to this or am I missing something?

thanks
Administrator
02.11.12 07:12:48
To: chatham

Hello,

To solve the problem please follow the instructions below:

- close all other capture applications;

- disable all other capture devices;

- shut down your PC;

- disconnect your device and connect it anew;

- restart your PC;

- update drivers for your device downloading them from the website of the manufacturer;

- please download and install the latest version of our capture program from the link below:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoRecorder.exe

- try to record video with AVS Video Recorder once again.

If it does not solve the issue, please contact us at once.
Try to provide some additional information about the problem:

- specify the exact model of your capture device;

- describe your actions working with AVS Video Recorder step by step and specify the moment when the error occurs;

- specify to which format you capture video - Recommended, Native or MPEG-2;

- specify your PC configuration (Operating System, CPU, Ram).

Best regards.
02.11.12 14:49:29
To: Esther
ok I have followed your steps as you outlined below and here is what happens

-AVS starts and then I get the following message, audio and video fall out of sync. the capturing cannot be performed. error id: -4.
this happens when the output video format is in "recommended format". additionally, I cannot see the video in the AVS screen

- change the output format to mpeg2 640 x 480 and the error stops and I can see the video in the AVS screen and capture video quite nicely but there is no sound during capture or on playback of captured video. I have tried all of the available formats and none of them have sound and 3 of them cause the error -4 message.

computer is amd 3.2 ghz, 8 gig ram, windows 8
Administrator
06.11.12 09:20:57
To: chatham

Hello,

Please run C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat, it will launch AVS Video Recorder and create log files. Please work with AVS Video Recorder and when the error repeats, please, close the application. After you close the program, the folder with log files will automatically appear. Please attach log files to your message.
Also please kindly specify the exact model of your capture device.

Best regards
04.04.14 20:30:45
I am trying to convert 8mm video with vhs to dvd 3+, but there is no sound, have checked all cables, plugged camcorder into tv, & sound work,s, sound on laptop works fine, what am i missing? ???
05.04.14 00:11:38
I am trying to convert 8mm video with vhs to dvd 3+, but there is no sound, have checked all cables, plugged camcorder into tv, & sound work,s, sound on laptop works fine, what am i missing? ???
Nat
10.04.14 12:40:15
To: Jenilob

Dear user,

Please try to do the following: go C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder and double click on AVSVideoRecorder_DoNotMute.bat to launch it.

After that try to use AVS Video Recorder once again and inform about the result.

Kind regards
17.05.14 21:58:18
To: Jenilob

Hi Jenilob, I was just wondering about this. Were you able to fix it using the tips suggested? Which one?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  552