AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
03.05.12 15:17:54
I have intermittently had trouble with discs unable to play and "DVD opening error" from DVD Copy-which I felt able to chalk up to the occasional glitch. But it has become very frequent now and I have one video in particular that will not properly create a dvd.

I am converting home movies to dvds. I am using AVS Recorder to capture. AVS Video Editor to edit/trim/make menus etc. And all that part seems to work right.

I then choose Produce>Disc>DVD NTSC HQ>Give it a name>Create>Choose to burn to DL disc (size needed). Video Editor does its thing. It says its done. I give it a disc to burn. It burns. The disc doesn't play.

So, then I go to retry. I right click the VIDEO_TS folder, choose send to DVD Copy. DVD Copy says "DVD opening error"

I have run the repair utility. Try it again. Same.
I restart the computer. Try it again. Same.
I restart, re-encode, try it again. Same.
I tried ImgBurn. Same. Disc wont play.

I am at wits end. Wasting discs. Wasting time. Don't know what else to do. I have been combing the forums and been trying the advice and haven't been able to make a difference.

I am not running any other software at the same time. This particular computer does not even have anti virus, Windows update is manual, No extras installed, pretty recent Win7-32bit installed and has current updates. (I use this PC to also capture my 8mm films from a telecine which required 32 bit windows and no other programs to interfere) My PC runs an AMD Phenom 8550 quad core 2.2 ghz and 6gb ram. There is ample hard drive space of 109gb.

I do not think it is a burner issue because of several reasons. 1. DVD Copy gives the error of "DVD opening error" on the VIDEO_TS folder. 2. I have tried installing the programs on another PC and still have the same intermittent problems. 3. I have been able to burn other video DVDs with AVS on the same computer with the same software. 4. I have used the burner to make data DVDs in the meantime.

Any solution?
Thanks
Attached files:
03.05.12 19:55:38
To: coffeespookie
I have now also tried the full uninstall as described by AVS and re-install. Still will not create recognizable files.
Attached files:
74.52 KB
Lex
Administrator
04.05.12 09:20:28

Hello,

Please delete your old log files.

To avoid the problem we would ask you to launch the attached utility on your PC. This utility will update AVS software components installed on your PC.

1. Save the attached .exe file on your PC.
2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.
3. Follow the instructions given.
4. When the installation is complete new updated software components will be installed on your computer.

Please let us know about the results. Please try to TDK or Verbatim discs. If the issue remains please send us new log files

Best regards.
Attached files:
392.88 KB
04.05.12 17:04:10
To: Lex
I deleted old log files. I ran dvd.exe as instructed. I again tried to make the dvd by having Video Editor re-create everything in a new folder. I let it burn the disc. The disc does not work in PC or Player. So I opened the folder on the hard drive in DVD copy and, again, the same "DVD opening error"

I don't think it matters what type of DVD I am using at this point, because the files to be burned do not function as a video DVD in the first place. The folder on the hard drive is not even able to open as a DVD--"DVD opening error"

Incidentally, I am using Philips (CMC Magnetics) discs. I have not had trouble with them prior.
Attached files:
Lex
Administrator
05.05.12 13:03:27

Hello,

Please try to install codecs on your PC: http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm
Please also specify the model of your DVD player.

Best regards.
07.05.12 14:58:36
I am in the process of installing the codecs. I will update you after a try is attempted again. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

I would like to reiterate that AVS DVD copy gives an error for the folder on the hard drive before ever even trying to burn a disc. When the Disc1 folder or the video_ts folder is selected as the dvd source in DVD copy, the error: "DVD opening error" occurs.

So, I think the dvd player is irrelevant. Additionally, the dvd does not play in any other PC as well. I have my choice of 5 PCs with super multi drives to playback in and none work.

That being said, the dvd player in question is a Magnavox MWD2205 manufactured by Funai. According to the users manual, the player is capable of DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-Video.
08.05.12 15:06:37
OK...That worked. Installing the K-Lite Pack. DVD burned and plays both in the DVD player and PC. (Still using the Philips DVD+R DL) Whew! I'm not sure why it quit working when it did work before? But anyhow...

I am hoping to find this to be more reliable. I am still skeptical and evaluating before I invest in additional licenses. Time wasting has a big negative impact on my decision, however.

Thank you Lex. I appreciate the Help!
Lex
Administrator
10.05.12 08:52:11

Hello,

Glad the issue was resolved :-)

Best regards.
Lex
Administrator
16.05.12 07:50:12

Hello,

Unforunately, you post was deleted accidentally.

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew.

If it does not solve the issue please contact us again and specify your PC configuration.

Best regards.
24.05.12 18:54:56
Upon re-reading this post, you say to follow a link to completely uninstall. There is no link. Could you provide the link so I may retry uninstall and reinstall?

Also, would it be helpful if I uploaded the video_ts folder?
Lex
Administrator
25.05.12 07:18:49

Hello,

Please follow the link below:
http://support.avs4you.com/GetFile.aspx?DocumentID=168498-647

You have sent only one mpeg file. While you used 2 mpegs and 3 bmps. We need all this.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  574