AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
16.08.11 17:09:40
Hi everyone at AVS.

I have been using AVS Video Editor quite extensively for more than a year now. Editing is really new to me, but your software is so easy to use that I've really enjoyed making films with it. Sadly, I have noticed quite a few glitches which the regular updates have always failed to solve. Here is a list of them:

- When I insert a video, the fade-in effect will sometimes start with a very short flash of the video before it actually fades in. Moving the video a little to the left or to the right sometimes solves the problem.
- A very loud and unpleasant scratch sound may be heard at the start or at the end of an inserted video, even when the waveform has not been edited.
- After editing the sound waveform of a video, waveform appearance may suddenly change, despite edit changes being actually still active. Highly confusing!
- The waveform of an mp3 may not correspond to the music heard (music actually ends earlier or later than shown). Converting the mp3 into another audio format usually solves the problem.
- Merging projects does not work properly: video and music lose their sync, which makes the feature useless. Too bad, as I'd love to merge some of my projects (my films are generally one or two hour long, so I usually divide them into several smaller pojects. Merging them would enable me to burn the whole film straight onto a DVD without having first to convert the film to several AVI files and then having to use AVS Video Remaker).
- When placing the vertical marker at a particular spot, said marker may return to its previous position. VERY annoying.
- Using effects AND transitions at the same time won't work properly : the video turns black!

And now for some wishes:
- Vertical marker should stop going back to beginning of film when it reaches end of film.
- The way roll credits work is unbelievably convoluted, and trust me, I HAVE tried to understand out it works. The only way I have found to get a *long* text to roll entirely AND at the same speed from beginning to end is to stretch the text *way after* the actual end of the credits, which is plain silly.
- Possibility to use different fonts and sizes within a text box.
- More than one line for video inserts would be great. Similarly, more than two lines for sound would be über-great. :)
- A way of zooming in specific parts of a video while video is playing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great work. I am looking forward to upcoming releases!
Regards,
David
Lex
Administrator
18.08.11 14:45:11
To: David GP

Hello David,

Please make sure you use the latest version of AVS Video Editor 6.0.3.184:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

As all glitches you have mentioned were solved in a current version. Please specify the format of the file you are using and specify what you mean by
David GP:
When placing the vertical marker at a particular spot, said marker may return to its previous position

We will put forward your wiches as suggestions to our developers. Please note, the current version allows you use different sizes and fonts.
Besides, the Ken Burns effect applies smooth zooming and panning to your video image.

Best regards.
18.08.11 17:17:26
To: Lex

Thanks for your reply.

For some funny reason, the version I was using was 6.0.2.183 - I was pretty sure I was up-to-date. I will install the new version asap and hope the glitches won't happen again.

The format of the files I use is m2ts.

As for your request, what I mean by "vertical marker returning to its previous position" is that when I place the marker somewhere along the timeline, *sometimes* it will not stay there. Instead, it will warp back to the place on the timeline it was before (e.g. the marker is at 4'05'' and I decide to place it at 8'57''. Well sometimes, it will go back to 4'05'' after clicking on 8'57'').

As for font types and sizes, what I was suggesting was that within the SAME text box, font changes could be applied at any time without affecting ALL the text typed in the box (e.g. in my credits roll, I would like to be able to change the size of the font I use depending on the line I am at).

Finally, I have already used the Ken Burns effect; unfortunately, it affects the whole screen. I would like to zoom in specific parts of the screen independently of the rest (e.g suppose there is a sign at the top of my screen where something too small is written. I would like to be able to zoom in that sign, and that sign only, while the rest of the screen would keep its normal size. The sign would naturally overlap some parts of the picture that hasn't been stretched.)

Regards,
David
Lex
Administrator
19.08.11 12:48:22
To: David GP

Hello,

Thank you for the explanations.All your comments will be forward to our developers. Could you please send us a screenshot of the Timeline with placed markers.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  375