AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
28.06.11 14:08:28
First, let me say I have found AVS Video Editor 6.0 lives up to it's name and claims for ease of use.

However, I have 2 issues I would like to know how to resolve:

1. Text Overlay Quality: No matter which font or color I use for overlays, or whether or not I use Edging, the text looks great in the preview, prior to production. No matter which output format I use, the final product text edges come out ragged and the text is not opaque (even if I set the Alpha to 100) and it's "blotchy". How can I fix this?

Are there special techniques for quality text in the finished product?

2. Audio Editing: Is there a way to mute certain section of audio that were recorded in the original DVD, without affecting the video? I have some small sections of original audio I would like to cut out of the final version. I don't care if this is done via muting the sections, or recording a blank audio clip to place over that section. I'd prefer to not have to do this using a different program if at all possible, preferring to do everything I need to do in Video Editor.

Any ideas?
01.07.11 01:10:27
To: Chuck.Newman

Hello,

Thank you for kind words about our software, we appreciate it.

Regarding your issues:

1. What is resolution and aspect ratio of your input video and output video? They should be compared.

2. Yes, you can split video to sections using Split button and mute necessary clicking right mouse button and choosing Mute option.

Regards.
15.07.11 05:38:19
I want to start movie with some text info so i select text click credits edit text and add to timeline text area, but when i add media file the two files align together and i want text first and video following on.
Lex
Administrator
20.07.11 05:18:16
To: jim foster

Hello,

Please follow the instructions on adding credits:
1. switch into the Storyboard mode
2. to the Storyboard add a Color pattern from the Files and Effects Area, Color folder
3. add video to the Storyboard
4. switch back into the Timeline mode
5. click the Text button in the Menu Panes, choose the simple or animated text pattern you like in the right area then drag and drop it to the Text row of the Timeline
6. place the Text pattern exactly under the Color pattern
7. double-click on the text pattern opens you Text Editor http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Editor/Features/EditingVideos/Text/index.aspx

Best regards.
07.05.12 02:55:26
Chuck.Newman:

1. Text Overlay Quality: No matter which font or color I use for overlays, or whether or not I use Edging, the text looks great in the preview, prior to production. No matter which output format I use, the final product text edges come out ragged and the text is not opaque (even if I set the Alpha to 100) and it's "blotchy". How can I fix this?

Are there special techniques for quality text in the finished product?

I have the same question. I added a title effect. The text looks great in preview, but all jagged and blotchy when I create the movie. I created

Is there a technique for getting quality text?

Thanks, Susie
Lex
Administrator
10.05.12 09:08:02
To: susb8383

Hello Susie,

Please provide additional information:
- specify the format of the file you are trying to edit and its origin
- specify to which format you convert and which presets you select
- specify what aspect ratio you selected
- attach a screeshot of the text while editing and after producing the file

Make sure you use the latest version of AVS Video Editor 6.1:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

Best regards.
12.05.12 04:07:56
I figure out more info. It only looks jagged if it isn't being viewed in full screen mode.

As a test, I created a video with just two text objects, attached.

I left the aspect ratio as the default.

No matter what format I created, I had the same results. In the attached, I created it using the format HD Video for YouTube.

The first screen shot shows what it looks like in the Preview Window, the second is of the finished video.

See the way the curved surfaces of the letters are all jagged in the second screen shot on the big text? And the small text just looks blotchy?

As I said, it doesn't happen in full screen mode of Windows Media Player, but why should it happen in the other mode? I can't assume people will always view my video in full screen mode.

I have the latest version.

Thanks, Susie
Attached files:
331.96 KB
12.05.12 04:08:39
Oops, sorry, attached the file twice by mistake.
Lex
Administrator
12.05.12 08:49:13
To: susb8383

Hello,

Please try to convert to AVI/ HD Video 1080 p

Best regards.
13.05.12 03:50:22
Hey, that fixed it! It looks perfect!!

Thanks so much,
Susie
Lex