AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.09.10 12:42:11
I use the timeline zoom feature (the Zoom: slider control below the video viewing pane) a lot when editing my videos. It seems programmed to alter the zooming of the timeline in four minute increments. For example, every step to the right reduces the visible portion of the timeline by four minutes. While this is workable for low to moderate zooming, it becomes troublesome at the high end - to the far right. For example, the last (final) step to the right end of the slider causes the portion of the visible timeline to go from 4 minutes to one second. That a 240:1 jump in magnification! The step just prior to the final one on the right is only 2:1. For perspective, on a 1 hour and 45 minute movie, the first step (on the far left end of the slider) is only 1.04:1 - rather useless. Ideally, all steps should increase (when moving the slider to the right) the magnification by a 2:1 ratio, and should decrease (when moving the slider to the left) the magnification by a 2:1 ratio. This would make editing clips so much easier and more efficient.
Thank you.
29.09.10 07:04:53
To: Big Jake

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

Actually, zoom interval depends on duration of the video on Timeline and the maximum zoom will always be 1 second as it is the minimum interval visible interval on Timeline. Thanks in any way, I will forward your feedback to our developers.

Best regards.
07.11.10 19:47:20
I am not able to view full images on the timeline. The zoom button on the slider is virtually all the way to the right and I get only half images. If I go further to the right, I get one image and a lot of blank space. If I go the the left, the images are truncated so much that they are not identifiable. I used to be able to control this very easily prior to version 4. I downloaded version 5.1.2.131 tonight and still have the same problem. I am trying to create a video with 886 images and videos. I need to eliminate some to fit everything onto one DVD. Having the ability to view images side-by-side is critical for selecting the ones to eliminate. You cannot do this in the storyboard view. If there is a way to adjust the slider sensitivity, I can't find it. If there is no way to do this, please consider changing back to the old functionality.
10.11.10 02:39:34
To: rwjustus@cox.net

Hello,

Actually, you can eliminate the photo or video you need in Storyboard view selecting this photo, clicking right mouse button and choosing Delete Object in the context menu, or simply pressing delete button on keyboard. Old version of AVS Video Editor had exactly this storyboard view to edit videos.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
10.11.10 09:53:53
To: Vlad

You apparently are not reading my complete message. I wrote, "Having the ability to view images side-by-side is critical for selecting the ones to eliminate. You cannot do this in the storyboard view." In the older versions of the video editor, it was possible to view full images side-by-side in the timeline. Why does the program jump from half images side-by-side to a single full image on the left and white space filling the rest of the timeline to the right with only a very slight movement of the slider button? Actually, if I have half images, I would expect the button to be in the middle of the slide control. Instead, it is virtually all the way to the right.

You say I can do this on the storyboard. Is there some way I can hide the transition arrows and turn off wrapping? If the images are not side-by-side, i.e., not separated by the transition, or are are the end of one line and the beginning of another, they are difficult to compare.
11.11.10 07:22:16
To: rwjustus@cox.net

Sorry. I've just looked at the old version 3.5 and there were also transition arrows between images. Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide them in storyboard view.

We consider to change zoom sensivity, meanwhile, please try using another way to zoom Timeline (holding click and moving time scale), see the screenshot attached. I hope it will be helpfull.

Regards.
Attached files:
50.39 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  410