AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.01.10 10:28:06
I'm reading that many people have problems with the preview window in AVS Video Editor when working with AVCHD and m2ts files, due to insufficient resources and/or the microprocessor on their motherboards. I want to buy the BEST motherboard that I can so I don't have these problems. Can you recommend what I should buy? I want to edit m2ts files in 1080 resolution.

I've been told to buy a motherboard with a p55 or x58 chipset. Is that true?
Also, will AVS Video Editor run on a Quad Core Intel Processor??? What about an i7 processor???

Thanks,
Kevin.
Administrator
12.01.10 03:56:44
To: keinert@sbceo.org

In the near future the overall performance of video effects and text editing windows will be accelerated in AVS Video Editor. As a result, it will become possible to work faster in these modes regardless of motherboard and processor characteristics.

Multi-core capabilities of your processor do not impact upon the editing mode, it is the CPU clock of the processor that makes the difference (the higher the better), because when you edit a video one thread mode is used.

In future our developers are also planning to optimize the performance depending on the hardware.

As for motherboard, here we cannot give you any recommendations, unfortunately.

Best regards
12.01.10 08:33:29
Thanks for the response.
KK
14.03.10 22:57:15
Can you add Multi-Core processor support like you have done with AVS video convertor?

and add 64-bit OS (Windows 7) support to let AVSvideo editor's editing/rendering engine access more system memory for complex operations & rendering?

Wouldn't those features in the AVS Video Editor make the rendering time much faster?
Administrator
15.03.10 01:25:37
To: gordonian

Please note my post submitted above.

gordonian:
and add 64-bit OS (Windows 7) support to let AVSvideo editor's editing/rendering engine access more system memory for complex operations & rendering?
Although our programs are initially developed as 32-bit applications, they do work flawlessly on 64-bit systems as well. In order to take advantage of all the 64-bit resources, the programs should be rewritten from scratch. Surely there are certain plans in this respect, but they are not for the near future, unfortunately.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  72