AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
09.12.08 14:51:45
I am using AVS Video Capture and Capture Wizard programs to try and capture analog VHS tapes from my VCR through a TVTuner card.

I get the video signal Ok but no audio. I have my RCA plugs (red, white and yellow) all feeding into a composite plug on the tv card. It is a FUSION DVB-T type.

Trouble is if I select the TV card as my audio device then I lose the video signal as well as the audio.
But if I select the AUDIGY sound card ( whether its Line In, Microphone or S/PDIF) I get the video signal back again and still no audio

Any one got any ideas?? Its probably something simple, I certainly am!!
HELP PLEASE !!!
11.12.08 00:56:17
To: temika

As far as I know, FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus tuner doesn't support audio capture. Yes, it has audio input, but most likely there's some problems in drivers.
So, you may try to capture audio through your sound card, because AVS Video Capture 2.3 let to change audio device for video capture devices that don't have audio capture.
You should connect your RCA (L/R) connectors via adapter to Line-In mini-jack of your sound card. Then you should select your sound card as "Audio Device" and Line In as "Audio Device Input" in AVS Video Capture.
Dam
Administrator
11.12.08 01:12:47

If the issue will not solved by the way proposed by Rom@nN, please follow instructions below to turn on log files record. For that:

1. On the desktop, right click on the AVS Video Capture shortcut>>Properties
2. In the opened window in the "Target" line add "-d" at the end of the path (that will be similar to :\...\AVSVideoCapture.exe" -d. See the attachment) and press OK button
3. Launch AVS Video Capture and wait while your capture device is detected by the software
4. Choose the necessary device, set up the needed settings and try to reproduce the error
5. After the error repeats, close the application

You will find log files, following:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoCapture\LogFiles\ ,

Windows Vista:
C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoCapture\LogFiles\ .

Then please send log files to us.

Hope to hear from you soon
12.12.08 14:23:14
Thanks for the help. I will try the sound card option first and see what happens.

I had the same tv tuner card in my old computer and it worked just fine on Windows XP so I would think it does have audio capture support. I transferred the same card across to my new computer and thought that Vista might be the problem or perhaps an internal connection.

Thanks again
18.12.08 00:23:55

So, most likely the problem is in tuner's drivers for Vista. Check for the new version of drivers on the manufacturer's site.
03.01.11 07:50:46
Hi,

I'm a new user and I have the same "no sound" problem.
I am capturing from a DV camcorder, thus using only a firewire cable.

Should I run the patch program to fix the sound problem ?

Just for my information, what is the purpose of this patch ?

Thanks
12.01.11 06:54:18
To: Gilleshander

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

Please note that AVS Screen Capture and AVS Video Recorder are differnet programs and the issue with audio is also completely different.

First of all please make sure that you have the latest version of AVS Video Recorder.

If it does not help, please specify the model of your camera and your PC configuration (operating system, CPU, Ram).

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  1  Lucas Miller
Guests:  545