AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.10.09 08:32:29
I have used Audio Editor to capture audio playing on my PC. I am trying to capture audio and video playing on my PC. This would be like the YouTube capture download ( but I don’t want to use it with YouTube). I looked at your video capture product but it is meant to be used with an external device attached to ones PC.

I would like to take an existing DVD of some TV show material ( made/finished on my TV/DVD writer) and play it on my PC to capture some humorous outtakes which I could then incorporate into my own videos for my own personal enjoyment – hope that’s not illegal (?)
Experienced User
07.10.09 15:19:49
To: Donbo

If you want to transfer and edit tv programmes recorded on a dvd recorder, use a DVD-RAM if your machine will take them, and copy the files onto your pc. Then use AVS4YOU Video Converter or Video Editor on the movie files. Then you can format the DVD-RAM on your pc and re-use it. This can be done hundreds of times per DVD-RAM. You can of course use normal finalised DVD-Rs as well, but they're not re-writable. [Real Player SP (free) will save much streaming movies as files; additionally, I also use NCH Debut Video Capture to capture undownloadable streaming movies from the web - it's free, and excellent].

As to audio, the AVS audio recorder and editor will capture audio from your pc sound card. You can also export the audio track of a movie from Video Converter.

Hope this answers all your requirements, but if not, reply and I'll take a look again.
19.10.09 07:51:59
To: jcthomson

Thanks JC. I appreciate your input. I haven't tried this yet, but it seems to be what I'm looking for.
Now I'm getting ready to swap out my old motherbd, etc. and beef up my aging desktop, so it will be
a while before I get to trying your suggestions.

Thanks, don
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  106