AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
28.09.09 07:01:10
Hi, I am new to this software and bought it because I saw from discussions that I could convert my MT2S HD camcorder recordings to AVCHD and then burn them (as HD quality) onto DVD+RW discs rather than buying blu-ray discs an play them on my PS3.

I put my clips into AVS Video editor 4, created a movie and saved it. I then opened up AVS vidteo converter 6 to burn onto the DVD+RW. I could not see how to convert to AVCHD and then burn on the tool bar. The DVD icon only had DVD quality drop downs so I used the blu-ray icon and burned a 24fps HD1080 onto the DVD+RW. It burned and popped out of the drive ok but would not play on the PS3.

Am I missing something here as a novice?

Thanks in advance

George
Administrator
29.09.09 02:32:55
To: George

Why would you want to convert your file to AVCHD? The fact is, if you convert to BluRay and burn the video not to a BluRay disc, but to DVD, most likely, such disc will not be played by PS3, as the disc structure will not get recognized.

What you can try, is using other formats for conversion. According to the supported video formats list for PS3 (here is the link) a variety of other formats are supported, so try converting to such formats, as AVI or MPEG (HD Video presets). This way (if you select HD quality presets among the ones available in AVS Video Converter), the quality of your video will be preserved.

Most of these presets are also available in AVS Video Editor, so you will not even need to reconvert your files, just select the preset in AVS Video Editor when saving your edited file.

Best regards
30.09.09 04:53:12
To: nadin

Thank you for your help, I have used MPEG2 format and it works. Can you just let me know, does it always take 2 hours to save 15 mins of movie editor in this format?

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Administrator
01.10.09 01:08:42
To: George

You are most welcome!

If you select HD quality for conversion, it is normal that is takes so much time. However, if you choose a lower quality preset, the conversion will be faster.
01.10.09 03:57:12
To: nadin

Thank you Nadin, you really have been most helpful.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  216