AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
10.09.09 11:29:49
I just downloaded this product from freedownloadcenter.com. I wanted to try it first.

After it installed on my system, Dell Inspiron 10v, I got the blue screen of death. I rebooted the machine and then there were no products for me to even try. When I went to uninstall, it didn't show up under Add/Remove programs under the control panel. Then I went to start/programs/AVS4YOU then uninstall, I get an uninstall box where the only thing I can click is "close."

I'm very scared now as to what I have installed on my machine. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it. Converting recordings isn't important enough to have software on my new machine that neither works nor can be easily removed.

Thank you very much for any help!

Suzanne
13.09.09 06:09:23
To: suzcubfan

There are 2 things that I would try:
1. System restore to the point before you installed the software. Any personal files will not change.
2. Try 'Your Uninstaller' software. I used the trial version to get rid of a few intrusive programs like ZoneAlarm that would not uninstall or update. A Comodo customer rep truned me to this and a down computer is now working after more than a year of troubleshooting (http://www.ursoftware.com/).
I hope this helps. Good luck.
Support Manager
17.09.09 02:17:16
To: mpowens

+1

To: suzcubfan

Inform please about result.

1. System restore is a good solution if you had problems while installing of any software.

2. You can use uninstalling software or manualy delete all files created by our software on your PC.

Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click OK. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files > AVSMedia (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > AVS4YOU (delete it).

Please specify your OS and make a screenshot of the error message you receive trying to uninstall the software.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  543