AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
31.07.09 18:24:28
all of a sudden I get an error message "Division by Zero" when I try to open the program and have to go to task manager to even close it our--can't do a thing because of this message--have updated everything and still the same message--what gives?
Administrator
03.08.09 04:10:43
To: kmurf32@myfairpoint.net

Do you get the error upon launching the program? Please specify whether you use any program functions before the problem occurs. Attach a screenshot of the program interface showing the error message and specify the OS installed on your PC.

Hope to hear from you soon
05.10.09 11:49:19
To: nadin

I'm having the exact same problem. As soon as I launch AVS Editor it has a window that pops up and says "division by zero" then i have to go through Task Manager to close the program. the only thing i can think of that might be related is that I used Avs registry cleaner. While using the cleaner i was unable to make a restore point and now i'm having a few more issues and i'm unable to restore. I use vista premium 64bit.
Administrator
06.10.09 01:35:30
To: cinderella

Please try uninstalling the software completely from your PC and downloading the latest versions anew:
1. Start > Control Panel > Programs and features > AVS program > Uninstall

2. Go Local Disc C > Program Data > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc C > Program Data > Common Files > AVSMedia (delete it).

3. Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click OK.
In the opened Registry window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

Now download the programs anew and install them

Please inform us about the result
06.10.09 08:34:58

No it did not work. I don't know if this matters but there was nothing under the registry in the local machine> software folder relating to AVS. i also attached a print screen this time so you can see the errror for yourself.

Thanks
Cindy
Attached files:
06.10.09 08:50:44

I tried a few random programs for fun. And the ringtone maker gives me the same error but not when i launch it only when i try to open music.
Administrator
08.10.09 00:38:16
To: cinderella

Do you have limited administrative permissions on this PC? The problem might be caused by that.
05.12.09 19:18:49
This is such a way of dragging your feet in resolving issues....I still cannot crerate a dvd after doing all your suggestions---then I tried editing a mp3 file and the audio software comes up with an error messgae--I can't use any of your software it seems----the video editor has been deleted and re downloaded--I just deleted the audio program and re downloaded the newer version (which I never got any kind of update notice) Then the AVS navigator program no longer works and back to audio editor---the new version gives the same error message....attached are screen shots from all.....I guess I'll wait days before getting a response and then I will not have time to do up the holiday gifts I was going to do.............
If your software does not run with Vista then please say so......
07.12.09 13:58:37

I can assure you our software is fully compatible with Windows Vista. We are sorry for the inconvenience occurred. We are always ready to solve any problems you have with our software.

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start> All Programs> AVS4YOU> Uninstall.

2. Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click Ok. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

3. Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files> AVSMedia (delete it).

Download the latest version of AVS Audio Editor and AVS Video Editor from the links below:

http://www.avs4you.com/Downloads/AVSAudioEditor.exe

http://www.avs4you.com/Downloads/AVSVideoEditor.exe

Now install the programs anew on your PC. Please inform us about the results.

Best regards.
16.12.09 04:39:56
To: Vlad

I did what you you asked--deleted everything and then reinstalled the video editor (will test that later--it opened ok) then I trtied the audio editor and I still get the same error....."division by zero" I have attched the screen shots of the error and my system config---
Attached files:
16.12.09 05:20:16

You mentioned that you get Divizion by Zero error editing mp3 file. Does the error occur only working with this particular file or with all your audio files? If with the one particular, could you please attach it to your message? Does it play in audio player software?
16.12.09 14:57:40
I did not "mention" i get "division by zero" error message when editing an mp3 file----PLEASE READ WHAT I POSTED!!!!!!!!!m I get the error message when opening the program--I CAN NOT GET TO THE POINT OF TRYING TO EDIT ANYTHING.........

I am also attaching a screen shot of the AVS4YOU navigator screen---there is NOTHING THERE!!!!!!!!

Also when I click on start--then go to programs--and click on AVS4YOU folder there are duplicates of all kinds of stuff---how can this be when I followed your instructions and deleted everything and only re-downloaded audio editor and video editor------this is really taking up all of my time and messing up my system---will I get some real help to resolve this mess?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Attached files:
17.12.09 04:11:29

Thanks, it is clear now when the error Divizion by zero comes up. Please run repair procedure from menu Start>All Programs>AVS4YOU>Repair. Inform us what exact dll's were not loaded. Please please provide screenshots of repair window.

As for AVS4YOUSoftware Navigator problem, please specify if your user account has administrator rights. Also please try to launch AVS4YOUSoftwareNavigator as administrator (click right mouse button on the program icon and choose in the context menu Run as Administrator).
Administrator
19.02.10 04:28:42
To: rehsum

Your post has been moved to the appropriate topic. Please follow this link.
Administrator
29.03.10 00:42:35
To: kparr99

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
13.08.10 07:25:43

This thread just ends. What was the solution?
16.08.10 05:22:53
To: novamation

Hello,

These users did not get back to us, so we cannot say what is the solution for this problem.

In order to solve this problem please repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair.

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Try to provide some additional information about the error:

- describe your actions step by step and specify the moment when the error occurs;
- attach a screenshot of your PC configuration: right-click My Computer, choose Properties, make a screenshot of the General tab.

Regards.
02.09.10 04:22:17
To: vicki@compu-rx.com

Your post has been moved to another topic. Please follow this link.
06.03.13 16:29:22

I am getting the error message "division by zero" when I click "browse" to load a video to the AVS video converter program.
It is a 163-minute NTSC video. The "real" movie has been divided into two different tracks. I did not have this problem when I converted other videos. Is it possible because of the size of the video? How can I deal with it??
Nat
07.03.13 10:56:00
To: Anthea

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please try to completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC following the instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked.

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew and inform if the problem is resolved.

Kind regadrs
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  420