AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.06.10 07:52:25
To: stevemcg

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the delay.

Could please give more details about the problem? It will allow us identify the reasons of it as the problem is quite unusual.

How many wav files exactly do you convert in AVS Audio Converter at once? What is the total size of them?

Do you always convert to network location? If yes, please try choosing the location on your hard drive and see if the problem persists.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.
21.06.10 11:55:39
The problem originated while using my PC running XP Pro, which is where all of the WAV files are located. I have about two dozen folders with various numbers of music files stored in them as WAV files (typically about 40meg each) that I'm trying to convert to MP3 in order to save some hard drive space. Typically there may be a dozen or so files in a folder, and the problem usually occurs after about half of them are done... but not always. Sometimes it gets most of the way through, and sometimes after only a few. It appears to process two at a time. I tried switching to my laptop running Vista, and accessed the files across my wireless home network. At first, this seemed to be successful, but later found out that more odd things were happening. On one occasion the PC locked up (no crash, just frozen)... and the other times the network connection kept getting lost causing the AVS program to halt on an error. The only other thing I can add is that it appears that my PC is being forced into Standby mode (as oppsed to crashing) despite the fact I have set everthing in the Power Options to 'Never' and unchecked the 'Hibernate' option. But I can't seem to get it to come out of Standby, even if I put it there manually with the Start/TurnOffComputer options.

- Steve
28.06.10 06:41:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for given the details.

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall.

2. Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click Ok. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

3. Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files> AVSMedia (delete it).

Download the latest version AVS Audio Converter 6.2.1.441 from the link below:

http://www.avs4you.com/Downloads/AVSAudioConverter.exe

Now install the program anew on your PC. Try converting your files again. Inform us if the solution has helped.

If it does not solve the issue, please found out what folder with banch of branch wav files cannot be converted and try converting the files separately. Check if the same problem persists, when you convert the files separately one by one. Also, please attach the screenshot of your PC configuration (right click on My Computer>Properties).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
07.07.10 09:09:46
I followed your instructions, but still encountered the same problem about 15 files into a bunch of 22. It has nothing to do with the individual files themselves... I usually delete the incomplete ones and continue where I left off. Attached is a screen shot of my System Properties.

- Steve
Attached files:
Nat
08.07.10 05:42:48

Hello Steve,
Your request has been answered in AVS4YOU Support System.
Please use your e-mail address and password to log in and track the answers.
Regards
16.07.10 07:19:36
Preliminary indications are looking good! I installed the new DLL file according to your instructions, and so far have not encountered any reboots after converting several batchs of WAV files. But because the nature of the problem was somewhat random, I'm reluctant to assume it's solved. Time will tell!

But this begs the question... "what did you fix?"

- Steve
16.07.10 11:44:46

Hello Steve,

Several patches for wav files were included to this dll. We are glad to hear that the fix has halped you. :-)

Regards.
02.08.10 14:36:27
Hi,

I am having a problems converting my MP3's to a lower rate 320Kbs to 128Kbs.

Problem 1 is that the size of first file converted always ends up as 15.2Kb and will not play.
Problem 2 is part way through conversion it fails with the error "some errors have occured during the conversion process" the complete folder structure is copied across but not all albums are converted.

I am running XP SP3 and AVS 6.2.1.441

Error message attached.

Would be grateful of any assistance

Regards

Stuart
Attached files:
04.08.10 02:09:14
To: sxmather

Hello Stuart,

Possible sollution will be sent to you in our support system. Please login into it with your e-mail and password.

Regards.
08.01.11 15:05:32
Paid for unrestricted licence - all working for 1 day and then menus disappeared. Uninstalled, reinstalled, re-registered licence, repaired, asked for help in support - BUT NOTHING. I can't get answers to why options are replaced by big blank space see attached file
Attached files:
13.01 KB
10.01.11 02:33:47
To: dawn

Hello,

The problem could appear becuase of the conflict with old versions of AVS programs. Did you have some of them installed?

Regards.
16.01.11 23:06:50
To: I am please to advise that all "worked" well when I instaled the all-in-one package - don't understand why though.
18.01.11 08:05:54
To: dawn

Hello,

There are no conflicts between old and new version any more after installing all-in-one pack.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  1  deborah621
Guests:  273