AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.05.09 19:12:54
The video converter v6 program is not seeing my cd/dvd drive with my mini-dvd in it. I was using a v5 avs converter program and it worked fine.

My hard drive crashed and I had to have it re-formatted. At that point I upgraded to v6 converter and now it doesn't work. when I select my dvd drive from list and select the file type of vro or all files it tries to open the a: drive (yes - I still have one) System is windows XP
Administrator
07.05.09 00:10:17
To: BobC

Please check up which way the DVD drive is recognized by any other burning programs installed on your PC. In case other programs behave the same way when you select the drive, this must be hardware problem.

For the moment given, we`d recommend you saving the movie from your DVD to your PC first and then converting it to another format.

Best regards
07.05.09 09:38:25
Hardware works fine. I can play audio CDs and DVDs with the drive. The funny thing is about the mini-dvd is that windows explorer can't even see the .ifo .vro .vob files on the disk. The only program that would recognize the disk was a v5 version of your old converter. I don't remember which specific release of the v5 series. I do know that when I uipgraded to v6 converter after my C drive re-format the program didn't recognize the drive with the mini-disk anymore.

I have a Canon DC210 video camera producing these disks.
07.05.09 12:29:04
I had to convert using Nero as it could see the mini-dvd. (see attached) I copied it to standard dvd disc and the avs v6 converter could then see it. I am converting to avi as I type this. If Nero works, why should I use avs4you?
Attached files:
194.5 KB
07.05.09 12:30:04
*** NOTE *** To get these results I first had to burn a (standard size) new DVD disk using NERO software from the CANON mini-dvd to get the mini files on the new DVD

Programs that can see a drive with DVD_RTAV (CANON mini-dvd) files on it ( 5 1/4 inch disk only) are
VIDEO TO FLASH
VIDEO TO GO
EDITOR
CONVERTER
REMAKER

Whereas DVD COPY sees the disk as a CANON dvd but gives an error upon opening it .

I must emphasize that NONE of your programs recognized the mini-disk.. I had to burn a standard size (5 1/4) dvd disk from the mini-disk using NERO software first.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Bobc
Administrator
13.05.09 06:45:54
To: BobC

Please either 1) try saving the DVD on your hard disc first and then open the VOB file from your hard disc in AVS Video Converter,
or 2) in Open Input Video File dialogue window of the program in File Name field type in the path to the file on your DVD disc, for ex. F:\DVD_RTAV\VR_MANGR.IFO or F:\DVD_RTAV\VR_MOVIE.VRO

Please write back on the result
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  66