AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.01.09 04:51:13
I downloaded and have been using the Video Editor 4 for about a month, (after buying the "Unlimited License".) All of a sudden, while editing a movie clip I made, the program basically stopped working. When I input a movie clip to the editor, and then place it in the Storyboard, the program just sits there, and "Preview" won't play the clip, and I can only use some of the editing properties. It doesn't matter what type of movie file I try to edit, split, or change. I can split a section of the movie, but I can not tell where I split it, since Preview doesn't work, and the program doesn't show the movie at all. I have also tried re-converting the movie files to different formats, but the problem still persists. Why is this happening, and how can we fix it. I have already tried removing the program and re-installing, but the problem persists, and have gone so far as to remove all of the AVS programs and reload them as well as re-registering them. It seems to be just this one program, "AVS Editor 4.1 " that is gumming up the works, and it's the one I have been using most.

I am running Windows XP Home, (SP 1,2,3) and my computer states I have way more than enough memory to run your programs. I am not getting any error messages while working with the programs.

Please advise, since til now the program has been really good for me.
Administrator
05.03.09 23:54:47
To: leatherwolf

Please try following the instruction given by Dam in the previous post.

Best regards
06.03.09 10:18:33

Oops, The problem was due to my laptop and my computer being networked, so the programs showed up on both, in which only the programs installed on the computer will work properly. To solve that, I made the programs on the computer "Private" and it has cured the problem for now. I also deleted the programs from my networked laptop, so everything seems back to normal now.

Note to other users: Watch out when loading the programs if you have McAfee "Easy Network" installed and running. Fix: Disable Easy Network before installing programs from the internet.

Sorry for the inconvience, but thank you for your help in this matter. I guess I learn something new about my "puters" every day.
05.05.09 04:35:48
I only recently downloaded the video editor, and had the same problem with the preview not playing at all or stopping after a few frames. But then I changed the under the "preview" menu, and noticed that it plays fine at every speed except 1X. I tried it at .5X, .25X, 2X, and 4X, and it plays without problem. Perhaps this is a clue? I don't know, but it still won't play at 1X. Grrr.
Administrator
06.05.09 02:45:50
sarahtonin:
noticed that it plays fine at every speed except 1X. I tried it at .5X, .25X, 2X, and 4X, and it plays without problem.
Does this problem persist with any files you are trying to playback in the program or with a particular file/files with the same extension? Please specify the format of the files. Make sure the file is correct, i.e. can be played without any problems in any other player.

Have you tried following the solution offered in post #3465 of this thread?

Hope to hear from you soon
06.05.09 05:23:02
To: sarahtonin
I have tried .wmv, .mov, .avi, and .mpg. All formats behave the same way -- they play only if the preview speed is not 1X.

I assume that if the preview speed is not 1X, the sound will not play, so I'm wondering if the problem at 1X is related to tne program trying to play the sound with the video.

Incidentally, I tried all the same files in Windows Movie Maker, and they all previewed just fine. Maybe I should just use that -- it looks like a very similar program.

And yes, I checked and my color quality setting was already set at 32.

Seems like this should be a simple problem to solve, but I'm not a programmer.
Administrator
07.05.09 06:48:32

In this case this must be audio preview problem on your particular audio card. Please could you specify which audio card is installed on your PC. In order to find this out right-click on My Computer icon on your desktop and choose Manage. In the opened window choose Device Manager on the left, then Sound, video and game controllers on the right and make a screenshot of this window (see screenshot attached as an example). Additionally, specify the motherboard installed on your PC.

Best regards
08.05.09 05:09:02
My audio card is an M Audio Delta Audiophile. Motherboard is AMD Athlon 1700+, 1.47 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM.

But I wasn't suggesting a problem with the audio card -- I don't know if the audio plays or not, because the video doesn't play. Also, I'm clearly not the only person having this problem, so it seems there is a more generalized bug in the preview function, which may or may not be related to playing audio simultaneously.

S
11.05.09 21:35:30
Dam:
To: jenbloyce

Hello,

We are glad to announce the release of the new Version of the AVS Video Editor.

Please download and install the latest version of the AVS Video Editor following this link.

Please inform us about the results. That is in BETA version, so we will be glad to know your opinion about the software.

Best Regards.

I downloaded version 4.1.1.111 on April 11th and you have a May 9th release date. Is it really a newer version or are you just having us download the same version again?
Administrator
12.05.09 02:46:49
sarahtonin:
But I wasn't suggesting a problem with the audio card
As the videos play fine at every speed except 1X (at such speeds audio is switched off during playback), our developers have come to a conclusion that there is a incompatibility issue with your particular audio card. The video starts to play waiting for AudioDX player to play audio, but it does not correspond.

Therefore we have asked you to provide us with the information on your audio card.
Additionally, please could you specify its number and the OS you are using. We`ll try to reproduce the problem.

Thank you

rwjustus@cox....:
you have a May 9th release date
The post quoted in your message has been submitted by Dam on 5. September 2008. The latest version of AVS Video Editor (4.1.1.111) has become available on our website on 5. March 2009.

Best regards
12.05.09 02:47:49
There is no video in my Preview Area. I click play or doble click on the media file but there is no pitshure.
Can u plz help.
17.05.09 23:29:17
I can't even get the videos I've imported into AVS Video Editor 4.1 to play!! I can't even play the sample thing. I've uninstalled, reinstaled, registered, restarted computer, i have windows xp, help!!
Administrator
18.05.09 05:21:07
To: jakob229persson@hotmail.com
To: stephaniemichelleallen@gmail.com

Please try following the solution offered above in post #3465.
03.06.09 15:35:50
Just to confirm that changing the settings from 16 bit to 32 bit cured my Preview problem
03.06.09 15:36:50
I just loaded Video Editor 4.1 When I add pics, or video to the editor lines below, nothing shows up in my monitor pane. In fact it won't play at all...says it is, but nothing happens. Can anyone help?
Administrator
15.06.09 00:49:27
To: kkastler@live.com

Please also try following the solution offered in post#3465 above.

Best regards
16.06.09 00:53:03
To: Dam

Oh!!! thanx!! This resolve my problem!

im have 16 bits resolution :((( now with 32 bits runs perfect!

Thanx - gracias!
Administrator
16.06.09 01:33:31
To: GONZO
No hay de qué! Great the problem is solved! :-)
16.06.09 01:34:31
Hi! I'm sorry if my english is not perfect!
I have a lot of problems with AVS video editor 4.
After saving my project, I can't see it anymore..
I load my saved project and happen a strange thing: videos, music and photos are loaded in the time line, but I can't see the whole video with the preview mode.
The play button doesn't work..and appear a word ("Terminated") over it.
Why?
thanks a lot to all of you! :-)
Administrator
29.06.09 23:22:32
To: valeromani@hotmail.it

Try saving your project with the new version of AVS Video Editor (4.2) which is now available on our website.

If the problem persists, please specify the following information:
Is the color quality of your display set to 32-bit?
Have you been able to preview the project fine during editing?

Also attach a screenshot of the program interface showing the word "Terminated".

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  257