AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
25.03.09 03:29:39
I just purchased Video Editor 4.1 and when I try to use transitions for my video clip it does not work. I highlight the line for effects and I make sure the line is enabled. I then pick the transition of my choice and do the drag and drop, but I try to go past the timeline and it is blocked out.
When I do the drag and drop with another function and try to add it to a line it works. The only one that does not work is the transitions effect. I have already used the repair feature when going to the start button on the bottom left, but that did not repair that particular feature for transitions. Pleas help...
Administrator
25.03.09 03:34:15
To: NEBUR

Actually transitions can be applied only when you switch to storyboard view. Here is the detailed information on how to add transitions between video files and images using AVS Video Editor 4.

Best regards
06.07.09 21:07:01
I tried to drag a transition onto the storyboard and have the same issue....it will not allow to be dragged and dropped....
Administrator
07.07.09 00:14:12
To: dschamens

First make sure you are using the latest version of AVS Video Editor (4.2.1.165).
Note that transitions can be applied between two objects only. Please check up the information given here (for the latest version of the program).

Regards
09.07.09 07:07:19
What I don't understand is that you set transitions on the storyboard yet while in storyboard only footage shows up if it is in the "main video line", but how to do you get already edited footage from the "overlay line" into the main video line so that it shows up on the storyboard in order to insert the transition?

I think this is a very poor design. I would much rather be able to drag my footage into the timeline, use right click buttons to set a start clip time and stop clip time and once I have my clips set, simply drag my desired transition over the two clips.

How do I take my edited clips that I have in the "overlay edit line" and get them into the main video line so I can insert my transitions. I have to be able to watch the movie as I make it because there are moments that must sync with the audio.

Although I think storyboarding is important, it should only be a subtool for those who need help putting their story together. If you know what your movie is going to look like base on the clips you import, which I do 99% of the time, then you need to make the timeline mode much easier to manipulate.

Please help me with this, and... and if an update is in the works, please, please make this more click and drag accessible in the timeline mode!!!! Please!!!

Thank you,
Vogz
Administrator
10.07.09 00:58:47
Vogz:
I would much rather be able to drag my footage into the timeline, use right click buttons to set a start clip time and stop clip time and once I have my clips set, simply drag my desired transition over the two clips.
You can drag and drop transitions between two main video clips on the timeline as well. When inserting a transition the place it will be applied to gets highlighted with green color (see screenshot).

Vogz:
How do I take my edited clips that I have in the "overlay edit line" and get them into the main video line so I can insert my transitions.
This is impossible to move video from the video overlay line to main video line. Please could you specify what for would you need this, as it is not quite clear. Transitions can be applied to main video only, there is no option to insert transitions between video overlays.

Best regards
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  140