AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.11.19 00:34:09
Does anyone know of additional DVD high density presets available in Video Editor? Maybe for 1400 or 4K? I'm not looking to make Blue-ray or DivX discs just DVDs. On newer video TVs/monitors they have a much higher resolution than the DVD presets provided. It's certainly is a good technology shift but there are a lot of text objects used in my video and those are coming out wildly pixelated on these newer devices and looks, well, unattractive. Attached are the DVD profiles available on the VE's DVD setup for burning. I noticed an "Advanced" button but it's grayed-out all the time.

Any way you can help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Loren
Developer
19.11.19 15:45:56
To: LorenT

Please do not confuse the terms: DVD disc and DVD video. DVD video format supports frame sizes 720x480 (NTSC) and 720x576 (PAL). If you need a higher frame size, you should use a different video format and other presets. You can burn any video file of the appropriate format to a DVD disc as Data disc (not DVD Video disc) and play it on a hardware player, if the device supports it.

Why do you need a DVD format if you need a higher frame size?
20.11.19 02:43:27
To: RomanN

What I'm trying to resolve is to have a NTSC or PAL DVD setting what will improve readability on a high density TV for block text objects used in Video Editor. Currently they are very pixelated and not as clean as I'd like. When I play the DVD on my computer everything looks fine. So I'm thinking there's something more needed to adjust the video output to play correctly with the combo of external DVD player and high density pixel TV.
Developer
20.11.19 07:54:36
To: LorenT

Please check this important option:
Settings -> Processing -> Resize -> Type = Super.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  310