AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
11.01.09 18:27:09
I have a mixed photo / video clip DVD movie I am trying to create. It includes about 200 jpegs and MVI clips totaling 24 minutes. Also includes text and background music. Am using Windows XP SP3, have 1 GB RAM and 115GB free hard drive space. Problem occurs during Build process. Have retried several times including with internet disconnected, firewall, virus checkers and other background programs disabled. Still crashes. Never in the same place - may be early or slightly beyond midway. By crash I mean the type where a message pops up and says, in effect, "Windows has detected and error and the program must shut down - sorry for inconvenience". No other error messages have come up. This is my first use of AVS Video Editor. Am very frustrated at this point and don't know where to go for guidance diagnosing problem. Suggestions?
Attached files:
11.01.09 18:28:09
I also have problem with Create phase of Vidoe Editor. Am creating DVD of mixed images (jpegs) and video clips (MVIs). Project has text, music and chapters. Total is about 24 min long. Space on hard drive is ample. During create phase program crashes (see attached word document). Have tried several times and crash occurs in different place each time but after it has apparently processes both jpegs and MVIs. All media is in one folder. Am not running any other programs. Suggestions?
Dam
Administrator
14.01.09 03:51:52
To: Carl Tongberg

Hello Carl,

Sorry indeed for the late reply.

We need some additional information about the error.
So, please:
1. Launch Task Manager before the conversion, then start the conversion and make a screenshot of the Performance tab.
2. When the program fails, press Click Here on the error report and make a screen shot of the error page.

Hope to hear from you soon
14.01.09 08:37:02
Thanks for guidance. Performed test as suggested. Crash occurred early in movie this time. As you'll note from attachment I have a double monitor setup. Makes screen shots small so I appended data.

I had a second, and I believe separate, problem on loading the movie. I have several saved files - one after pictures were finalized, one after text added, one after music added and a final one after chapters were added. The final one, with chapters, caused the program to "stop responding" as soon as I tried to load it. The version with music (all except the chapters) did load and was used in the test.
Attached files:
18.01.09 13:13:55
Update - Have added RAM since others have suggested that one Gig was too small. Now have 3.5 GB RAM (all my OS can handle). Tried create but only got about 25% of way through movie. Then same type of crash. Still need help!
26.01.09 17:17:18
Update TWO - Have added RAM and retried the build process. Again cannot load movie containing chapters so tried version with photos, videos, text and music. Crash occurred about 15% of way through the 24 minute movie. Attachment provides screenshots of performance data before starting build process - immediately after build process begun and - after the crash. Hope they give you some insight as I don't know what to do now.
Dam
Administrator
30.01.09 06:58:07

Hello,

Please try to download the attached AVSUniversalVideoConverter.dll and place it following:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

Then run Repair function:
Start>> All Programs>> AVS4YOU>>Repair

Please, also send us the AVS Video Editor project (vep4 file) that will help us to reproduce the error.

Please inform us about the result.

(The .dll has been deleted, as it has been included into the latest update. Update AVS files following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager)
31.01.09 21:03:10
OK, tried download. Popup says file already in use and would not download. However, that file does exist in folder you referenced so I tried repair function. Reported success on all areas except AVSMobileDeviceActiveSync.dll - Said Can't load library. Retried to build movie but it returned same crash message at about 11%. Am attaching project.
Attached files:
Administrator
16.02.09 04:47:10

Please try downloading AVSUniversalVideoConverter.dll once again. You need to overwrite the existing .dll file with this new one and to run the Repair utility afterwards in order to register the .dll. As a result, the problem must get resolved.

Please keep us informed whether this solution is helpful.

Regards.
16.02.09 19:18:43
To: nadin
OK, Tried to download file again. After clicking on file received message: "Do you want to open or save this file" Said Save. Then saved to C:\Program Files\ Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX. Said "file already exists want to replace". Said Yes. Then ran Start\All Programs\AVS4YOU\Repair. Again, got report that all files were successful except AVSMobileDeviceActiveSync.dll - Said Can't load library. Tired this a couple of times with same result.

Did you learn anything from the project file?

Would there be any merit to downloading the Video Editor program again?
Administrator
18.02.09 01:16:10

Unfortunately, we cannot open the project file you have attached. Please could you attach it once again (please zip it first).
Thank you in advance.
23.02.09 19:59:55
Am attaching the file again. I hope it is compressed (this is a first for me).

Where should the library be that the dll file can't find? Can the library be reloaded?

Again, is there any merit to downloading the program again?
Attached files:
Administrator
24.02.09 04:28:16

As I have understood, after replacing the .dll you have the same problem when trying to build your project, don`t you?

Unfortunately, the project file still cannot be opened. We really need it in order to analyse the problem.
Please upload it to our FTP server. I will contact you per e-mail with the instruction.

Carl Tongberg:
Where should the library be that the dll file can't find? Can the library be reloaded?

As already reported by Dam within the following topic, this .dll is responsible for the mobile device which at the moment was not connected to your PC, so the error does not influence program functionality.

Regards
Administrator
26.02.09 23:04:31

Thank you for the project file. I have forwarded all the information to our developers and they believe the problem has been found. Most likely it is to be corrected within the next update we are planning to release soon. I`ll keep you informed.

Best regards
Administrator
26.02.09 23:10:21
To: timhatesall

Your post here has been deleted, as the problem you have announced can be viewed within the following topic also.
25.03.09 08:05:51
To: When developers have a version they would like tested I would be glad to give it a try. Since I have NEVER been able to produce a movie on the current version I can provide a good starting point and you already have the project file so we could compare results. This has been going on for a long time. Carl
Administrator
27.03.09 04:33:17

We`d appreciate if you waited for the update. The new .dlls have not been tested yet, so it should take some time before they are available. The thing is, there might occur some problems in case the new components are installed on your PC without preliminary testing. I will inform you as soon as the update can be downloaded.

Thank you very much for your patience.
15.05.09 14:13:18
nadin
Has the Fix been released yet - i am having the same exact problem and I have spent countless hours now on a project that won't make a DVD.
Administrator
18.05.09 03:57:52
To: Robyn

Please could you provide us with some additional information:
1. Specify which files your project consists of, describe your actions when editing your movie step by step.
2. Specify whether the edited video is played without any problems when you preview it in AVS Video Editor.
3. Which preset do you select when saving the movie?
4. Prior to saving the movie please launch Task Manager and make a screenshot of the Performance tab. Attach it here.
5. Also it would be great if you attached the project file (.vep) here as well. We`d recommend to zip it first.

Thank you in advance
09.06.09 10:27:29

nadin, i have the same problem! spend many hrs building a 32 min movie for a non profit org. the movie is to be used this friday at their 15th anniversary! i bought and installed more RAM, taking it from 1 gb to 2gb(the max my pc can handle). i have 80gb of free HD space! come on guys, your video editor app is not up to par! i am losing patience and goodwill toward your company.
your product does not work as advertised! it can not do the most basic thing of what it proclaims to do!
i will have my credit card company refuse the payment for the app that i have made!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  602