AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
23.03.19 13:04:40
I am unable to use the AVS Video Editor. When I load up a video, it will only play the first 5 seconds of the video, after which, it freezes on one frame, but continues to play the audio. The same thing happens if I try to Produce the video. It will create a video file that plays 5 seconds of video, freezes the video after that but continues to play the audio as normal. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I wait for the file to finish caching.

The video plays fine using any other media player. I am using the latest version of AVS Video Editor

I have tried:
1) Using several different videos. The all have the same result
2) Changing my Video Buffering to 'Use Video Buffer'
3) Changing my Environment settings to 'No Cache'
4) Deleting the project and recreating it
5) Using the AVS Uninstaller to remove everything from the system and making a fresh install of the AVS Video Editor

None of the above resulted in any change to my issue.

Any suggestions?
23.03.19 19:00:00
Update. I tried loading a video with a different file format and the editor seems to work. The videos that are causing the system to hang are .mp4s downloaded from Twitch. I have used files from this same source in the past without seeing these issues.
Developer
25.03.19 10:30:40
To: Tholal

Please answer on some questions:
1) Whas is the version of AVS Video Editor: new 9.0.2.332 or older?
2) What is the video codec in your source videos: H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC or MPEG-4?
3) What is the configuration of your PC: Windows version, model of CPU, video cards - one or several (Intel, NVIDIA, AMD/ATI)?
4) What is the value of the option "Settings -> Acceleration -> Intel Media decoder -> Type"?
Online:
Users:  1  neteca
Guests:  319