AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.03.18 07:47:15
Hello

Ive been using the AVS Video Editor program for a few years now. Im part of a big show of kids performing and acting for their families and its upon me to document while taking pictures and filming. Hence ive made a DVD of the show for them to aquire afterwards. AVS Video Editor have been an easy and pretty straight forward program to use.

Even still ive come to the point of which im baffled:

"Why cant the video quality be better when converting the original video file (mp4 1920x1080) to a DVD template?"

Its a bit sad that what would have been a great show to watch lacks with the disappointing resolution after the DVD has been created. It drops from 1920x1080 to 720x480. Are there any way at all to change this?? I cannot acces the "advanced settings" when having picked DVD as an output template.

Kraben
Nat
07.03.18 08:40:00
To: Kraben

Dear Kraben,

DVD format has standard settings that allow discs to be produced on any DVD player.

You can convert your video to AVI format and select DivX codec in advanced settings, thus you will be able to select 1920x1080 frame size and the output file quality will be better.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
07.03.18 10:00:30
Nat:

Dear Kraben,

DVD format has standard settings that allow disks to be produced on any DVD player.

You can convert your video to AVI format and select DivX codec in advanced settings, thus you will be able to select 1920x1080 frame size and the output file quality will be better.

Kind regards

Ok but i've edited the movieclip (in fact 2 files combined), added chapters and DVD menu template. Will these aditions still be visible when doing it the approach you suggested? All in all I just want to be able to produce DVD's with menues, chapters and all all the while they keep the HD quality from the original media files.

Thanks for the help so far!

Kraben
08.03.18 17:22:14

So is this topic "resolved"? Because I didnt actually get the answers I needed. I feel like there just arent any way to keep the quality while getting the benifits of dvd menues etc. Is this correct?
Nat
14.03.18 08:14:01

Dear Kraben,

Menu and chapters can be produced if you create DVD or Blu-ray video.
If you need HD quality, please convert your video to Blu-ray format.

Kind regards
Developer
14.03.18 16:12:19

If you use conversion from Full HD (1080p) to DVD (480p/576p), please set this option:
Settings -> Processing -> Resize - Type = Super (for higher quality).

If you are not satisfied with DVD quality and need menu and chapters, you should use conversion to Blu-ray, but it will require a more expensive DVD/Blu-ray drive, BD-R/BD-RE discs and Blu-ray players. Therefore, I recommend you to convert Full HD video to most popular MP4 format with Full HD frame size (1080p) and set starting JPEG slider as cover. Then you could burn that MP4 video with nearby JPEG file to DVD disc as Data DVD with AVS Disc Creator.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  280