AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
23.06.17 14:54:21
Hello,

so I've read quite a few complaints about AVS video editor crashing while editing videos. For me it is a constant thing and I acceped it as a given. The bigger the video file I'm creating (the more videos, cuts, text, audio, etc.) the more likely video editor is to crash. On average it happen about every 15 minutes. But recently I have created a file with more than usual videos and it kept crashing almost after each editing action. I was about to finish the file and got fed up with constant crashing and decided to restart my pc in hope for better video editor performance. But after restart when I opened the file it crashed after 10 seconds because it was not able to load properly. I reinstalled video editor but it didn't help. Eventualy I managed to quickly press produce button and produced the video which I edited to finish the project. Even though I kind of managed to finish the video I don't think this should be a normal behaviour of the editor.

So my questions are:
1. Is it normal for the AVS video editor to crash from time to time?
2. Is the crash ratio related to the video file size (the bigger the file the more it crashes)?
3. Does all video editors crashes?

Thank you for your answers.
Nat
27.06.17 10:11:44
To: ubersoldat

Dear user,

Please specify the duration of your project and what files are used in it. Specify the number of image files used, the properties of the video file: bitrate, frame rate, frame size, etc.

Please, find in the attached AVSVideoEditor.zip file > download and unzip it > put the files to the following folder C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor (replacing the existing .exe file)

When the error repeats the dialog box should appear offering to send us bug-report. When you agree, the email client will be opened with the attached bug report, please send it to us.

If the dialog box doesn't appear, please try to find the bug-report in the Temp folder:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Temp

The bug-report archive looks like this BugReport (AVS Video Editor 7.5.1.288) 170130-110839.zip

Or you may find separate bug-report files:

* BugReport (AVS Video Editor 7.5.1.288) Dump.dmp
* BugReport (AVS Video Editor 7.5.1.288) Log.elf
* BugReport (AVS Video Editor 7.5.1.288) ScreenShot.png
* BugReport (AVS Video Editor 7.5.1.288) Log.xml

Thank you for your cooperation

Best regards
Attached files:
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  57