AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.05.17 05:34:22
I have a mp4 video file, that is causing Video Converter and Video Remaker to freeze, and causing a "not responding" condition I have to End. The Frame Rate is large, 2096 x 848, and the attached screen prints show the rest. After I add this file to Video Converter, and create the menu, and click OK, the program freezes and does not respond at all. My laptop is a HP G62, I3 CPU, 4Gigs ram, 64 bit OS, and Windows 7. I have never had this problem before, and I tried a lower Frame Rate file which worked fine. This has to be a bug within AVS video programs, because I tried AVS Remaker and it did the same thing, a complete freeze. It appears Video Converter cannot handle a frame rate this large, just a guess, because lower frame rates do not cause this problem. this file is 810 megs.
Nat
02.05.17 08:37:12
To: Indyrod

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

2. Download and install the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Developer
02.05.17 13:51:42

For your MP4 file: 2096x848 - it is the frame size, not a frame rate. In this case, frame rate is 29.969, which is almost 29.97 (standard). I suppose the problem lies elsewhere. We need a copy of the source file.
02.05.17 21:57:24
To: RomanN

thank you, I was going to upload it to your ftp server, but the old user name and pw did not work. I requested the new log on information so I can upload everything.

thanks,
Rodney Sims
02.05.17 22:20:36
I requested the ftp logon name and pw, via your Support Page.
03.05.17 20:05:59

I'm about to give up on this, your Support sent me a link containing the user name and pw for your ftp server, which did not work. I used to be able to upload files to your server just fine, not at all now. I won't post the ftp server user name and pw on the forum, but you are making this very hard. It's pretty obvious to me, your video programs, cannot handle a 2096x848 frame size, because this is the only file I've had that the programs would freeze, lower frame sizes which are the most common work just fine.
Administrator
04.05.17 13:38:53

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Your request has been replied by our support team here.

Kind regards
04.05.17 23:16:38
To: Carl

The mp4 file has been uploaded to your ftp server.
Developer
10.05.17 10:12:06

We have tried to reproduce the problem with your MP4 video file on three PCs with Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit and could not get freezing - the application worked correctly.

Check and try to repair AVS libraries.

1. Close all AVS programs.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of 'This PC' window and press <Enter>:
- if you run 32-bit Windows: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
- if you run 64-bit Windows: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dll files are not registered, please make a screenshot of the 'AVS Repair' window showing those files and send it to us.
05.06.17 04:41:44

Ok, I did that, and here is the only one that showed a problem.
Attached files:
07.06.17 03:27:52

This caused me serious problems, and I don't know what that repair.exe is supposed to do, but what it did was screw up my audio and video programs of yours. After I ran that program last night, I didn't use Video Converter until tonight and had all kinds of problems. Trying to add a file, it took forever and caused a not responding condition until it finally did load. Then trying to add the output location, took forever and freezing up. After that, I tried using the Edit function to setup the DVD menu, and it just sent the program into another not responding condition. I just cancelled it, and fired up the Video Editor program to see if it would work, and it did the same thing, and I know your programs are integrated and use some of the same modules with each other. I don't know what that repair program does, but I hope nobody else uses it. Luckily I had a Win7 restore point that went back a couple of days, so I restored back to that point, and after that, all the programs of yours worked perfectly. That repair program must have screwed up some registry issues, and or just changed some settings making the programs unworkable. Please, don't recommend that repair program to anybody, it's nothing but trouble.
Developer
07.06.17 09:45:06

Please, don't worry. Repair.exe - it is a simple utility that performs reregistration of our ActiveX DLL libraries in Windows Registry. Perhaps, some of our libraries were not registered in your system previosly and this could be the cause of the freezing of applications. libmfxsw64.dll is an unnecessary file for our applications and is not supplied with our installations for last 5 years. It seems to me, you have old versions of some our programs installed.

But now I suspect another problem: perhaps, your hard disk (HDD) has bad sectors or errors in file system and our files and folders can be placed on that sectors.
We recommend you to check your HDD with "Check Disk" utility in Windows 7. Run "Check Disk", turn on the settings "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" and then start scanning. Please, tell us the results.

Also we recommend you to uninstall all our applications and then download and install the latest versions of needed programs from our website.
07.06.17 16:17:41

I always have the latest versions of your audio and video programs. I've ran the chkdisk program pretty recently, and it showed no errors with my hard drive. The programs are working ok now, and I would like to just leave well enough alone. thanks
08.06.17 20:56:53
RomanN:

Please, don't worry. Repair.exe - it is a simple utility that performs reregistration of our ActiveX DLL libraries in Windows Registry. Perhaps, some of our libraries were not registered in your system previosly and this could be the cause of the freezing of applications. libmfxsw64.dll is an unnecessary file for our applications and is not supplied with our installations for last 5 years. It seems to me, you have old versions of some our programs installed.

But now I suspect another problem: perhaps, your hard disk (HDD) has bad sectors or errors in file system and our files and folders can be placed on that sectors.
We recommend you to check your HDD with "Check Disk" utility in Windows 7. Run "Check Disk", turn on the settings "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" and then start scanning. Please, tell us the results.

Also we recommend you to uninstall all our applications and then download and install the latest versions of needed programs from our website.

I found libmfxhw64.dll in the AVS4YOU video program folders, with a date of April 4th, 2015, so it came from your installers. You said 5 years. Is it needed, should it be deleted, or what?
08.06.17 21:06:47
Indyrod:
RomanN:

I found libmfxhw64.dll in the AVS4YOU video program folders, with a date of April 4th, 2015, so it came from your installers. You said 5 years. Is it needed, should it be deleted, or what?

Here's a screen print of the folder with libmfxhw64.dl.
Attached files:
11.06.17 03:33:11

Anybody going to address this???????
Developer
13.06.17 12:12:08
Indyrod:

Here's a screen print of the folder with libmfxhw64.dl.

You say about libmfxhw64.dll, but show screenshot with libmfxsw32.dll. Please, don't confuse it.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  511