AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.03.15 03:01:45
I have some large video files I am wanting to eventually import into iMovie for family videos.
I am using the AVS Video Converter to convert the DVD (home videos) to Apple iPad 3/4/Air - (H.264, 1920x1080, 30 fps).
Question 1: Is this the best output option for importing into iMovie?

My goal is to split the large (700 Meg and 175 Meg) converted file (MP4) into many video snippets to then eventually move to my iMac and create the movie using the interesting snippets into iMovie and Final Cut Express.

I do not see a way to use the AVS Video Editor to split a section of the large video and easily save that cut or split video to a file. I see a way to delete the cut section using the cut tool but not to save it as another name. Does any of your tools do this, as this was the real reason I just paid the $ 59.00 to buy the suite of apps.

By the way, I am very pleased with the MP4 files converted from the DVD. They look very clean.
Nat
03.04.15 11:53:21
To: lance@lancealot.com

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

You need to check the specification of iMovie and Final Cut Express to find the best profile available.

It is not possible to save a part of the video file, unless you delete all the other parts that are not needed in AVS Video Editor.

What you can do is use AVS Vieo Converter to split your file into several ones, follow the link below to find the detailed instructions on how to do it:
http://onlinehelp.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter/Features/splitting.aspx

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
21.07.15 15:49:10
Hi Lance, sorry to bump this up but I'm just wondering on how this worked out for you overall?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  114