AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.02.15 14:46:30
Hello
I'm having serious issues with Avs video editor 7 as the preview window it often appears choppy/laggy or just freeze every 2 seconds for like 0,5 seconds.
This happens especially for videos longer than 15 minutes.

My PC meets all the requirements for this software, I got an Intel i3 at 3,40 GHz / 8 GB ram and GTX 650 1GB as video card.

I've noticed 2 things about this:

[1]Changing preview quality from medium to low makes absolutely no difference in terms of performance.
[2]The video preview its laggy even when there's no editing at all,even when I am playing a part of video that has absolutely nothing there(no text, no effects, no nothing).

I usually work with 1920x1080 videos btw.
Nat
11.02.15 13:46:31
To: AlyssaML

Dear user,

Please try to completely uninstall all AVS4YOU software traces from your PC following the instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow this link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it.

3. Download and install the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx

Then try to use the program and inform about the result.

Please also make sure you have the caching option switched on - see the screenshot attached.
When a file is imported to AVS Video Editor please wait till the program created cache file for it - you will see a yellow indicator on the bottom of the file while in media library.

Best regards.
Attached files:
567.97 KB
17.07.15 22:42:41
HI Alyssa, did the reinstall worked out for you in this case by any chance?
25.07.15 00:57:07
To: Nat

I can confirm that reinstalling does not work.
I have a GTX 970 and a Xeon E3 Processor and I can play the file at it is but can't play it fluid even unedited inside the editor.
It may have to do with the slow as hell buffering.
Nat
29.07.15 13:02:12
To: Teekeks

Dear user,

We recommend you to wait till the caching process is completed, caching is indicated at the bottom of the file thumbnail while in media library.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
23.08.15 01:10:41
That's due to not enough frame buffering and/or not enough memory cache. (Perhaps due to too small of read I/O's)

WinXP used to have a 1-2 frame buffer for Windows Media Player. FRAPS video played like a slideshow. It also fetched video files 64KB at a time, which was simply inadequate for videos measuring many GB large, where one single frame could be 8MB or so.

Media Player Classic can configure the framebuffer up to 60 frames. (It could consume several hundred MB) I believe the new 'Home Cinema' edition in the KLite codec pack fetches videos 2-4MB at a time, and buffers quite a few megabytes in RAM. (16MB+?) The result - silky smooth video playback, even for HUGE footage like FRAPS produces.

-Kramy
Nat
25.08.15 12:34:22
To: Kramy

Dear Kramy,
Thank you for the information.
mux
31.01.18 15:50:41
Hi! I bought AVS Video Editor + ReMaker + Audio Editor + etc... because I wanted easy-to-use editing software for post-processing gameplay videos. Then I happily ran AVS Video Editor and opened one of those (4,5 and 6,7 GB) flv-files for blurring some game chat texts and cutting boring parts off. No success.

First of all; trying to use effects is very very slow. If I remember correctly, it opened some weird big black "windows" over editor, waited for a minute and then opened effect editor. And just for blurring chat texts in the video it was very hard and frustrating to use. So i decided to leave chat texts unblurred.
Then there was that laggy preview. It doesn't matter if I select very low quality for it, or try other solutions what I found by Googling. After few restarts and tries the preview started to show something but its quality was double as bad than previous. But I tried to tolerate it since I just going to cut, not insert any effects anymore...
I watched, watched and listened first couple minutes of video for cutting points. And made two splits. Then I started to watch third clip for more cuts and the preview just does not want to play anymore. It shows still image from last frame of previous clip and play/pause buttons have horrible lag. Only after few seconds after begin of third clip the preview finally shows something; one frame per second! That "wait for caching complete" (which takes 20+ minutes by the way) does not help. I have constantly 5-6 GB free RAM on my computer, why software doesn't want to use it instead of slower hard drive?

This is not what I wanted to buy; the video editor which is easy to use and also lets me do something instead of waiting after waiting. And yes; I searched lots of Internet and this forum for solution, and got bored to solutions like "check you have power cord plugged in", etc. I just want working video editor. Many free software works fine in my computer, but with cost of being very hard to use (writing complex parameters instead of just clicking mouse button). So it can't be my "too slow computer".

My only option seems to be get the money back and please don't say it is impossible for this reason. I have no income so those 60 euros are for me like 600-1200 euros for some person with place to work.

My computer:
- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- 64-bit Windows 8.1
- AMD Radeon HD 5570, 1 GB
- Multiple HDDs with 100+ GB free space, which helps to reduce I/O by diverting some caching onto another drive

Still, there is some pros:
- audio editor works fine (although it was just freebie with video editor)
- software did not crash (like Pinacles Studios, Adobe's software, etc does if they encounter lags)
mux
01.02.18 20:02:41
I wanted to add and update here: Previous test video was 4.484.363 kbytes long, which caused a horrible lag in AVS Video ReMaker, after creating two or more splits. Today I tested with 4.055.943 kbyte-video and incredible enough, ReMaker almost didn't lag at all. I made only cut short part off at the end of the video. So, does the program containt some 32-bit code and can't handle over 4 GB (4.194.304 kB) videos?
I might to do more testings. And I also found temporary solution to reduce file sizes; with VLC Player I can re-encode video recordings to smaller size (I have to record big files due to lack of CPU's compressing power.). But I still expect easy frame-per-frame editing tool to be found... Not a laggy, very small fixed size editing box.
Nat
07.02.18 09:41:45
To: mux

Dear user,

Please try to repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.
2. Copy the following link to the address bar of My computer window and press <Enter>:

If you run 32bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe
If you run 64bit PC: %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(x86)%\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Please inform about the result.

Kind regards
mux
08.02.18 01:08:38

Thanks for reply!

After few well slept nights I decided to continue using the editing softwares. I also succeeded with one of my videos (only cut parts off) and attempting to create more. For now the editor works with smaller files with only minor lagging (no need to even wait caching!). I will do more tests with effects and other features what software provides with different settings, and do better reports if something does not work as should. Although it might take time because I'm currently slow with my projects.

And; I ran that Repairing.exe. It listed dll-files with every line ended by text "succees" and the overall result was 100 %.
Nat
08.02.18 07:56:59

Thank you for the information.

Please inform about the result of your testing.
mux
11.02.18 02:07:09

Ok. I spent few hours for testing effects and making short video. Because I can't create so good compressed videos on the fly due to lack of processing power, I had to record only maximum of few minutes at the time. And then again re-encode those over gigabyte files to smaller 10-500-megabyte videos with third-party software. First I edited effects etc for those short clips only, then made the videos. And finally concatenated them to single final video.

- Cached or not cached; only seems to affect little bit for the delays of the following testings:

- The text overlay editor starts with big waiting and shows big black filled boxes on my screen until opened. Some times it starts to work almost unlaggy. But sometimes there can be weird 20 to 40 second delay and the text can be suddenly rotates.

- Editing effects on the video started to work better, with some lagging but worked.

- Previewing short parts of video, like checking how transition works is impossible. The playback stops for few seconds and starts again in the middle of transition or effect. So I had to use extra time to ensure the effect is placed correctly so I can trust it will be in the final result correct. No affect of changing preview settings.

- Preview playback also stops at random positions, even on unedited part of video. This can be skipped by seeking to position right after freezing point.

- Also if I set a audio clip to fade out, it will fade but right at the end of clip the sound restores to loud. This can be sometimes solved by dragging volume levels by hand.

Overall the video editor got better in small steps (use after use), not sure why. Maybe it's somekind of psychological phenomenon where you are just starting to accept and tolerate lagging by just waiting. Or there is happening something weird in the computer.

So, my current computer is currently dying and the replacement computer, better, faster, is coming day after tomorrow. Which was my plan to use for video recording and editing. Then I noticed that was screwed. Previously I read from Internet that licence I bought from AVS4YOU is for one computer "at the time". Now I rechecked and found that the licence is "only for one computer" (cannot be transferred). Yep. Looks like this was a short period lifetime to test this software package. Thanks and bye.

Ps. Hint for the software: Don't use fixed size windows if is not necessary. Like my desktop is 1920x1200 pixels but editing effect is limited to some post stamp sized window, small view, smaller menus and too small buttons, seeking bars, etc...

Pps. The help (online and software) skipped totally preview settings.
mux
14.02.18 04:16:36
Sorry for bitterness in the earlier posts. It's all ok now. Luckily I was able to do full hardware and OS upgrade within my original PC instead of buying totally new computer. And this how I can continue using purchased software. Of course there are still those minor things like too small effect editor windows but with the modernized hardware the software seems to working smoothly now.
Nat
15.02.18 11:47:05

Dear user,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am glad the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
01.09.22 14:35:36
Hello folks,

I too have noticed a lagging in video playback. I had a suspicion about it and opened up task manager and noticed AVS Video Editor was using a LOT of power and CPU processing power (30% range). After 30 minutes of loading a rather large avi file, I noticed the CPU levels went down to a respectable 5%. Then I could do some more editing without too much delay. If there was some sort of "gas guage" at the top of the editor heading to indicate loading, I think it would help.
Developer
01.09.22 15:06:26
To: hswin@att.net

You probably have video caching enabled:
Settings -> Environment -> Processing high definition files - "Temporary cache" (default) or "Permanent cache".
When you add a high definition video file (HD, Full HD, 2K QHD, 4K UHD) to timeline, AVSVideoEditor starts decoding this file and creating low-resolution proxy-files in its Temp directory - for the convenience and speed of further work on the timeline. The progress indicator for caching are growing yellow line and label "Caching" on the video in Media Library.

If you wish, you can try working without video cache ("No cache") or even preview with HD quality:
Settings -> Preview -> Quality - HD.

Also you can try to use decoder with hardware acceleration - Intel Quick Sync Video (for Intel iGPU) or NVIDIA NVDEC (for NVIDIA GPU):
Settings -> Acceleration.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  143