AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.03.14 10:10:10
Fading out audio, music, using all available methods and making sure the node is right down in the corner there is a problem. Please note the piece of music had been cut and the fade out was on the cut end.

When playing back the audio fades pefectly but then on the very end the audio blasts out a squeak. Must be the very last frame- or so which comes back full blast.

Tried extending the video and then cutting a fraction and removing the end. Did this in Premier 6 and this solved it but makes no difference here.

In Audio Editor I have faded the audio clip and then imorted the clip into Video Editor and this works perfectly but it is time consuming and annoying.

Anybody had the same problem. Any one found a "get around" ?

Laurie
07.03.14 10:27:12
To: 1stewart

Just to add that I first used an MP3 music file. Then to experiment converted this to a wav file. No difference.
Nat
17.03.14 05:40:28

Dear user,

To avoid the problem please try to do the following: zoom in your project at maximum and make sure your audio file do not have volume increase at the end - see the screenshot attached. Please try to change the position of an audio point at the end: when the mouse cursor is located over a point, you will see it change from an arrow to a rhombus. Try to drag the rhombus to the end - see the screenshot "AudioSelect".

Please also try to cut a small part of the audio at the end (a second or two) by using the Split and Delete buttons and inform if you get any sound.

If it does not help please try to do the following: right click on the audio track where you get the sound glitch - choose Audio, in the new opened window under the preview you will see an audio line with fade in and fade out effects and triangles indicating them, please drag the triangle at the end according to the errow on the screenshot and then back to the very end of the audio line, press Ok and try to playback the audio.

Please inform about the result.

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
Attached files:
08.03.14 09:02:17
With an audio music file on a track with a fade out. Using either fade out by right clicking the mouse to open a small window or by introducing nodes with double clicks.

When playing the audio when it gets to the very end of the audio track the music fades then there is a click right at the end of the audio track.

Is there a method to over come this problem ?

Laurie
Nat
17.03.14 05:55:54

Dear Laurie,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Please see my post above.

Kind regards
16.01.15 00:46:40
This annoying problem had foxed me for some time – namely the audible “spike” in sound in the last 0.5 sec when using the red volume adjustment line to fade out the audio of a clip before the next scene. The AVS help line was very efficient at replying to my requests for a fix – but none of them were the answer – such as uninstalling the programme and reinstalling it!

As previous posts have identified the problem – and no solution is evident – it would appear this is a glitch that is beyond the developers who work for AVS. Never fear – I enjoy a challenge and have found a way round the problem! Here’s what to do:

1) When creating a video and you want to insert an audio track with a fade between scenes .... with no spike - first import an audio track into the media library (in my case an mp3 music track).

2) Next drag it to the audio timeline and position it at the exact point you want it to start. Trim the right hand end by dragging it to about 10 sec after you want the clip to end.

3) Then set the fade point: double click the red volume line to create a dot where you want it to start fading – repeat to create a point where you want the fade to end – in my case to mute.

4) Drag the volume line at the second dot down to the bottom to create the fade. Then drag the third dot at the very end of the clip (after the unwanted 10 seconds extra bit) to the bottom, thus creating a mute “flat line” after the end of the fade. (See screen cap)

5) Click the padlock on the left of the audio track to hold the faded audio in place. Now delete everything else – all video associated with your project – leaving only the faded audio track. Drag it to the extreme left. You now have a video with an audio that matches your project by starting and fading exactly where you want it – and it runs 10 sec longer in mute – after which there will still be the annoying “pop”! However – it is now after where you want to end your clip.

6) Now click “Produce” and save the audio as a video file – I chose a WAV file – and save it to wherever you are going to save your final video – as something like “audio clip1”). This will create a black video with just the faded audio track that is exactly the right length (including fade) for your project. (If you want to preserve this as an AVS project file then do so and exit.)

7) Now reopen your original project, click Media Library and click Import. Browse to where you saved the audio clip file and import it.

8) Right click the file in your Media Library pane and select “Extract Audio” from the drop down menu. Save it as a new sound file as something like “audio extract”.

9) Click import and import the audio extracted file into your media library. (nearly done!)

10) Drag the audio extract file onto your timeline and carefully position it so that the start is exactly where you want it to begin. It should of course play and fade exactly at the correct point. However because you faded it to mute for 10 seconds longer..... (after which there will be the pesky “pop”) all you have to do is to trim the clip by dragging the right hand end to the left.... you don't need to drag it exactly to the fade point as it will have already faded to mute ...just drag it left far enough to hide the “pop”. (This means you do not have to fade the clip by creating fade points on the red volume line – just let it play!). Voilà!

Phew! Admittedly this is a low tech, clunky and time consuming solution. However it works! AVS – what should take 5 seconds takes 5 minutes.... please can you fix it?
Nat
16.01.15 12:47:21
To: john@johnsimonett.co.uk

Dear John,

Thank you for the detailed information about the issue. It is a very usefull recomendation and can be helpfull to our users.

We have passed all the information over to ou developers. They are working on this issue and we will let you know as soon as the issue is resolved.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
11.07.15 17:06:54
Hi, sorry ahead on bumping this up but are there any updates for this one so far?
Nat
14.07.15 08:24:03
To: joelmch

Dear user,

Unfortunately we cannot tell you when the issue can be resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  492