AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
20.01.14 02:40:32
How come MPG is the only output format available for the AVS Video Recorder? At this rate, it eats up about a Gigabyte of hard drive memory every 30 minutes. Dubbing a 6 hour VHS tape eats up 12 GB. And I ALWAYS have to convert it to a different format. Shouldn't there be a way to select AVI format or something more conservative on drive space?
Nat
20.01.14 08:26:52
To: will7370

Dear user,

The output file format depends on the capture device you use and the option you choose for recording: Native or MPEG2.
If Native it may be either AVI or MPG, depending on the device used.

So please specify the format and settings you use to record video.

AVS Video Recorder captures video almost without compression to avoid loss of quality.

You can edit your video in AVS Video Conveerter or AVS Video Editor afterwards and compress it.

We would also ask you to attach your .log files:
Please double click on the file AVSVideoRecorder_LOG.bat in C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder folder and attach
Windows XP:
Local disk C:\Documents and Settings\[current user]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\LogFiles\ ,
Windows Vista/7:
Local disk C:\Users\[current user]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\LogFiles\ .

Thank you for cooperation.

Kind regards
26.01.14 14:59:19
Quick question please. Should we have an option to change the output format? Something like an integrated converter for file format?
Nat
27.01.14 09:00:43
To: doncht

Dear user,

After you capture the file from your device, there is an option to convert it to any supported formats - in this case AVS Video Converter opens.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  168