AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
29.03.13 22:18:34
In my program it's called the Pan and Zoom and not the Ken Burns effect. How do you use it? When you go into edit there is a red square and a green rectangle and in each rectangle there is a crossbar. There are also various options (diorama??, zoom left, out, in right, left), smooth motion. I viewed the help video but did not find it helpful.

Thanks
Cindy
Nat
02.04.13 07:56:34
To: miadog1104

Dear Cindy,

The Pan & Zoom effect applies smooth zooming and panning to your video image. It can be useful if you would like to make a close-up of one person or object.

Red square shows your video (image) at the start, in other words it is the video (image) position when the effect is first applied.
Green rectangle shows your video (image) at the end position of the effect applied.

A crossbar at each squares shows the center of the end and start frame of the video with effect applied.

So the video frame will go from the position in red aquare (with the center in red cross) slowly passing though the image to green position.

The effect settings:
- diorama - the image zoom goes streight from left to right,
- zoom in left\right - the image is zoomed from the whole picture to the small frame on the left/right
- zoom out left/right - the image goes from a small frame indicated on the left/right to the whole image

Clicking the Reverse button you can change the zoom direction (left/right).

Checking the Smooth motion box you can make the zoom smooth (more slow).

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
06.04.13 19:25:26
I also tried to search a video at youtube here but found nothing. Is there an instructional video out there yet?
Nat
08.04.13 05:36:41
To: austingrd

Dear user,

There is a video guide on how to pan and zoom your video on our official website:
http://videoguides.avs4you.com/How-to-pan-and-zoom-your-video.aspx

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
08.04.13 06:14:37
While using pan and zoom video effect, i’m trying to zoom in over an area in a photograph and in the next step zoom out to a different area. In the first step, I zoomed in covering the entire available time length and then placed a copy of this (duplicate), then revered the pan and zoom action so that I could start from where I finished in the previous step. In both the steps entire available time length was used. Everything worked nice. Except I see a ‘jitter’ when zoon in finishes and video move to next step. Using fad in/out didn’t help either. Is there a way out?
Please consider making possible multiple zoom pan steps on a photograph in a single video effect step.
Thanks - Prmaod
Nat
09.04.13 07:16:15
To: pkumar

Dear Prmaod,

There should not be ‘jitter’ if the effects are placed close together on the timeline (try to use Zoom timeline option to avoid the problem - see the screenshot attached).

If the problem is not resolved, please upload your project .vep file and image used in it here, so we could analyse the problem.

Thank you for the information.

Kind regards
Attached files:
2154.52 KB
22.04.13 10:09:12
To: Nat

Thanks. I could resolve the issue by some improvisation. And I am delighted to share with you my recently done videos in which I have used pan and zoom, in fact I purchased the editor only for easy and effective pan and zoom effect. I really wish if you add multiple pan and/or zoom sequences on a single photo in a single step.

Link for pan and zoom video’s made by AVS Editor :

The Immortals at Ellora : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DQ8my-kIFQ
The Immortals and their Stories at Ajanta : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=225FKkrM4Y4
Nat
24.04.13 07:26:19
To: pkumar

Dear Pkumar,

Thank you for the information.

The projects you created are great.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  129