AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
17.11.12 10:08:11
I am curious how many users think that Online Media Technologies' policy of one having to purchase the same software over and over again, each time one gets a new computer is fair?

Even the greediest of all software developers, Microsoft, allows transferring a license from computer to an other, as long as the software is installed on one computer only.

Since my MoBo burned, I had to build a new PC. The ONLY software that I would have to re-purchase is AVS.

I find this policy egregiously unreasonable.

Luckily, for every AVS "product" there is equivalent freeware. Just check out Gizmo's.

I welcome any criticism to my thinking. Do point out the error of my ways. If you can.
Administrator
19.11.12 07:08:20
To: ayjayar

Hello,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we might have caused.
We have contacted you in Online Support System:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Please kindly note that discussing our license policy on forum violates our forum rules:
http://forum.avs4you.com/rules.aspx?lng=ENG

Best regards
16.12.12 17:03:58

Sorry to see this too buddy. I'm sure they have their reasons. try to get in touch with support first. Who knows..
09.10.13 03:43:50
It is not true that Microsoft will let you transfer their software from computer to computer. When you purchase a new computer that has Windows installed there is a license sticker on the case of the computer, which is the license key for Windows. This is called an OEM license and it absolutely belongs to that piece of hardware and cannot be used on any other computer. When you toss that computer the OS goes with it. If you also have purchased a computer that includes other Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Office, these are also under the OEM EULA and belong to that computer and only that computer and are also non-transferrable. You can purchase a retail version of Microsoft products which is much more expensive and it is transferrable as long as you remove it from the previous computer. Some products they will also let you install on two computers as long as you agree the the software will not be used on both at the same time.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  170