AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.03.12 21:17:10
So, I've been using AVS Video Editor for months with no problem, but a few days ago I had to format my PC. Previously I had a normal Windows XP SP3, but now I installed a version called Black Diamond Ultimate (it's still Windows XP SP3 with just a few new features, I don't think that's the problem but just in case...).

Then I installed the latest version of AVS Video Editor to keep doing my editions, but a never before seen problem emerged. I can install the program and register it with no problem, and I can import a video .avi to the library, but when I drag the video to the bottom, like I'm showing on the attached picture, (or when I press right click and then "add to main video") so I can edit the video's color and other features, then the AVS glitches. It keeps loading and loading but nothing else happens. I can't click any buttons or have access to menus or do nothing. It just keeps loading no matter how much time I let it, and the only way to close the program then is from the task manager or doing right click on the Start bar and using "close". It never shows me any error messages, just that never ending loading glitch.
That way, I can't use the program at all, because if I can't edit the video then I can't save it in a new format at all.

Some clarifications: I installed the program from scratch, and since the disk drive was formatted, I don't have old versions' files around. If I use "Repair", the only .dll missing is AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll, so I don't think that's the problem. The weird thing is that I used the program before with no issues, so I don't know what have might changed. Oh and I also have the latest K-lite Code Pack installed.

My pc specifications (the same I had before formatting):
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20 GHz
2 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Over 30 GB of free space in the hard drive.

I want to keep using the program as soon as I can, I really need it. Thanks in advance, sorry for the bad english (my native language is Spanish). Regards from Uruguay.

Brian
Lex
Administrator
14.03.12 07:33:01
To: Briansey

Hello,

Please make sure you use the latest version of AVS Video Editor 6.1:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoEditor.exe

If the issue remains please try to update drivers of your video card.

If it doesn't help unpack attached files into the C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoEditor folder

After the program freezes it will generate an error report

Best regards
14.03.12 18:59:42
To: Lex

I have the latest version of AVS Editor and my video card is updated to date. I unpacked the files you sent me in the folder you said, and the program still glitches with no error message, it just keeps loading. Where is supposed to generate an error report? I can't find that.
Lex
Administrator
15.03.12 07:47:41

Hello,

To avoid the problem please completely uninstall AVS4YOU software from your PC. Instructions below:

1. Go Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Uninstall. Please make sure to click the "Check All" button.

2. Follow the link and download the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC. Save the utility on your computer and launch it. It is highly recommended to leave the default option "Delete license key-files" checked:
http://support.avs4you.com/GetFile.aspx?DocumentID=168498-647

3. Download the latest versions of the necessary programs from our website:
http://avs4you.com/downloads.aspx
Now install the software on your PC anew.

Best regards.
20.03.12 22:11:39

I did all that you suggested, still the same problems... I don't know, the only thing I can think is that this new Windows XP is screwing with my AVS Editor, because is the only different thing I have since when I first used it before formatting my hard drive. Everything else is the same, codecs, drivers, everything.
By the way, I've noticed that the program sometimes glitches when I load a video to the library, even if I don't drag it to the "main video" section. Still, no error message, the program just keeps loading and loading and nothing happens, it doesn't respond and I have to close it by force using the task manager.

I really don't know what the problem might be, and I really need to keep using the program... So, any other suggestions, please?
Lex
Administrator
21.03.12 07:07:44

Hello,

It may have happened that after you installed the nonstandard version of Windows XP the unconventional video codecs were installed on your PC. To check this follow Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove programs. If you find any codec delete it,then reinstall AVS Video Editor. Inform us about result.

Best regards.
21.03.12 18:42:02

Did that, uninstalled all unconventional video codecs, reinstalled AVS... and exactly the same problem continues. Now I can't think anything else to do to solve this. I really needed this program because I used it to change the videos' saturation, brightness, then resize them and finally to save them in a new format. So, now I don't know what to do *SORRY*
Lex
Administrator
22.03.12 11:37:26

Hello,

Please specify whether you restart your PC after the codecs were deleted. Please specify whether the issue repeats with all files. Specify whether you can import these files into AVS Video Converter.

Best regards.
22.03.12 23:59:25

Yes, of course I restarted my computer after deleting all code packs (and after installing AVS too). The issue repeats with all files: I load a .avi video, and then the Editor freezes and I can't do anything with it. No error messages at all, just glitches until I close it by force. I all starts to happen when I import a file to the program, it runs perfectly fine with no imported files. But when I import something, it freezes, like I've said before.

I tried for the first time with the AVS Video Converter, and oddly the same thing happens. I import a .avi video, and when I select a format to change the video (to a .mpg, for example) the program freezes and I can't do anything with it. I have to close it from the task manager, like it happens with the AVS Video Editor. I tried it several times with different .avi files just to be sure that it wasn't a problem of a particular video.

So, what could all this be? I'm more intrigued than ever.
Lex
Administrator
23.03.12 07:46:05

Hello,

Unfortunately, our developers are not able to find the reason of the isse. As we didn't test our programs on the version of Windows XP you use. We regret any inconvenience caused.

Best regards.
12.04.12 21:43:29
Lex:

Hello,

Unfortunately, our developers are not able to find the reason of the isse. As we didn't test our programs on the version of Windows XP you use. We regret any inconvenience caused.

Best regards.

THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER! I also have this problem and I haven't done anything to my XP. I have also uninstalled several times, I changed other programs like VLC which was updated recently and nothing makes the least difference. I suggest your developers get their fingers out because I paid for this software quite recently!

Colin W
Lex
Administrator
13.04.12 06:53:34
To: see.wright@yahoo.co.uk

Hello,

We regret any inconvenience caused. Your request was processed at our support system:
http://support.avs4you.com/Support.aspx

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  44