AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.01.12 03:59:36
I converted my audio cassettes into MP3s and then burned them to a CD. I burned them as audio CDs. They work in all my CD and DVD players but they don't work in my car CD player. Can I convert them from the CD into another format so they can be used in the car? If that won't fix the problem, what do I need to do.
Lex
Administrator
19.01.12 10:12:08
To: nagrag@aol.com

Hello,

Please try to use AVS Disc Creator
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSDiscCreator.exe

Follow our instructions.

Best regards.
20.01.12 04:56:32
[REPLY]Lex[/REPLYI have 2 questions: ]I added 4 music files to the Disc Creator and started to burn them to an audio CD, however, the burn process finished very quickly and even flashed the files when finishing but the CD did not burn. The message declared that the process was finished but the disc was blank.
One more issue: I have a CD that I made using the Audio Recorder. The CD works fine in my CD player in the house but I get an error when I try to play it in my car CD players. How can I format the CD to play in both devices?
Lex
Administrator
20.01.12 07:53:50

Hello,

Please send us log files. To find them, please, follow:
Local Disc (C) >> WINDOWS >> coredw.log
Local Disc (C) >> WINDOWS >> discwriter.log
We will do our best to help you.

- if you have Windows Vista OS the log files can be found here:

C:\Users\Current User\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator\logs
- if you have Windows XP OS:

c:\Documents and Settings\Current User\Application Data\AVS4YOU\DiskCreator\logs

Please specify what is the format of the files stored on the CD created in AVS Audio Recorder. Normally, car CD player plays Audio CD format.

Best regards.
21.01.12 21:17:01
To: Lex
Here are the files. I'm still baffled over why I can play the CD on my portable players but not in my car. I'm using Windows 7. I didn't see a discwriter.log.

My procedure for doing this project was:
I used a cassette deck with dolby noise to filter out the tape hiss
I ran the cassette output into the MIC input on the laptop
I saw the recordings being detected on AVS Audio Recorder dB scale
I saved them as MP3s
I then added them to the Disc Creator "Add Files" and then burned them as Audio CDs
I even tried to change the format to WAV on the Audio Converter and the result was the same.

I'm having mixed results using the Disc Creator. Sometimes they burn very quickly with the message saying "finished" and showing the files burned, however, there's nothing on the CD. I'm not so concerned with the burning since the Roxio and Windows burners work fine. The problem with not being able to play them in the car CD remains no matter what burner I use.

I know there's a way to reduce the noise on the Audio Editor but I couldn't figure it out so I didn't use it. I will keep going until this is figured out. Thanks for the help.
Attached files:
143.72 KB
Lex
Administrator
24.01.12 12:06:15

Hello,

Try to use the Verbatim or TDK discs.

Please delete all log files then launch the attached utility on your PC. This utility will update AVS software components installed on your PC.

1. Save the attached .exe file on your PC.
2. Close all running AVS applications and launch the utility.
3. Follow the instructions given.
4. When the installation is complete new updated software components will be installed on your computer.

Please let us know about the results.

Best regards.
Attached files:
25.01.12 02:45:34
Amazing. With the latest download, the disc burning problem vanished and with Verbatim CDs, the music now plays in my car. Thank you. Now all I have left is to figure out why the CD stops in between tracks 1 and 2. I'll keep working on it. Thank you for your help.
Lex
Administrator
25.01.12 11:31:57

Hello,

Please specidy whether the CD stops in between tracks 1 and 2 only or there is pause between all tracks.

Best regards.
25.01.12 20:20:35
The next CD I burned didn't stop between Tracks 1 & 2, however, the end of Track 4 (end of the CD), keeps repeating the last few seconds. The source file did not have the repetition. I can see there are some inconsistencies when burning. Thanks again for solving my major problems.
Lex
Administrator
27.01.12 07:48:16

Hello,

Please specify whether there is the burning issue with all audio files.

Best regards.
27.01.12 20:35:38
The only problem with burning I have is that all the CDs repeat the last few seconds of the recording many times. The source file does not repeat. I have another problem with distortion though. Two of the cassettes have audio distortion. The dB meter on the cassette deck does not show the levels going into the red, but the dB meter on the Audio Recorder goes into the red and apparently the automatic volume control does not compensate for it. I am using the microphone input on the laptop for the audio input.
Lex
Administrator
30.01.12 07:53:32

Hello,

Please try to follow our instructions on recording:
http://www.avs4you.com/Guides/How-to-rip-old-home-tapes.aspx

Inform us about result.

Best regards.
30.05.12 04:54:12
What exactly the type of file format you used? That depends on the audio codec you used when you convert your music.
28.03.13 12:11:47

I had problems with my car stereo playing MP3 disk too. I found out that my car system will not play UDF file systems

What I found works is the following.

Use Disk Creator
Select Data
Change the file system to Joliet
Finalize disk

Hope that works for you.

Thanks
Nat
29.03.13 11:28:22
To: thomson.david@att.net

Thank you for the information
Online: