AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
04.10.11 00:12:38
I'm receiving a message every time I attempt to use the Video converter. The message is:

"Video Converter has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Can someone tell me:
1) What is the issue?
2) How do I resolve?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing several times, but it still does not work.
JPS
04.10.11 05:30:04
AVS Audio Editor Software will not start after purchasing key and registering software!
First Message:
"AVS Audio Editor has stopped working"

Second message:
"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Can someone tell me:
1) What is the issue?
2) How do I resolve?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing several times, but it still does not work. Problem started after registering software!
04.10.11 15:04:53
To: JPS

Hello,

In order to solve this problem please repair AVS files:

1. Close all AVS programs and other running applications.

2. Follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair.

If some of the .dlls are not registered, please make a screenshot of the Repair window showing those files and send it to us.

Also, please specify your PC configuration - Operating System, CPU, Ram, computer Vendor.

Best regards.
mai
05.10.11 01:59:42
Please can someone help me,
I had been using AVS vid.converter for several months without a problem. Yesterday it stopped working and kept saying CANNOT CREATE FILE. Windows also said "AVS Video Converter has stopped working".

I had tried to uninstall version 7 and installed the latest, version 8 but I still have the same problem. My PC Operating System is Windows7 - 32/64 bits -It's still the same PC!

I would appreciate your help very much,
Mai
mai
05.10.11 03:15:47
Hi everyone,
I have solved my problem with AVS Video Converter.
On the Output File Name, I had to click SAVE, before hitting Convert Now. This step was not necessary before. I just clicked on theFORMAT to convert to, then choose the file to convert and hit Convert Now.
I am happy that the AVS Vid.Converter works again now. I hope this simply solution may help someone with a similar problem.
09.10.11 09:01:31
mai:
Hi everyone,
I have solved my problem with AVS Video Converter.
On the Output File Name, I had to click SAVE, before hitting Convert Now.

We are glad that the problem has been solved. However, that's interesting that the program also asks to save output file. Could you please specify which format you convert videos to and which output directory you select.

Best regards.
02.12.11 01:24:57
I'm having the same problem. I have tries to unistal, downloaded the utility that will automatically remove all AVS software components from your PC as instructed by support. and reinstal and register all software with no avail. the repair utilyty gives me a cannot load libr... status on to dll's AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll wich I think it's ok because i have no mabile device connected and the orther is AVSShellConverter64.dll I believe that this one I need if I'am trying to convert a BD video.

System Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
24Gb memory
Intel core i7 extreme chip.
04.12.11 19:34:57
To: luis.v@verizon.net

Hello,

It's ok that these two dll's were not loaded, they do not affect conversion.

Try updating video codec pack on your computer to avoid the error. You may install k-lite

If it does not help, please give the following details about the problem:

- specify the format of the files you are trying to convert, their origin and size
- specify which format you convert them to and which profiles with output settings you select.
- specify the model of your video card (don't you have two cards?) and your computer vendor.

Best regards.
05.08.11 13:09:49
I have until now used AVS4YOU happily on my dual core T7300 CPU with 2GB RAM, 500GB 5400RPM HDD laptop with Win XP SP3, and looked forward to be doing a lot of video editing on my new Lenovo W520 laptop with an 64-bit i7-2820QM (quad core + 4 virtual core), 8GB RAM, 160GB SSD and Win 7 Pro SP1.

Unfortunately I cannot get anything from AVS to work.
The program starts as suspected, but every time I try to play a movie in AVS Media Player or if I enter a setup menu and cancel my changes it halts and stops responding. If I choose to convert in AVS Video Converter (version 8.0.4.495) the AVS program stops responding from the moment I click "Convert Now!"

I have tried to load different types of video (AVI, 3GP), but it makes no difference.

The AVS version I'm using is the latest download.
I have tried to re-install the packet.

When running the Repair batch it fails with the following 2 dll's:
AVSMobileDevice2ActiveSync.dll
AVSShellConverter64.dll
Both cannot load library.

Please advise me on how to proceed.

-Simon
09.08.11 06:02:42
To: sloell

Hello Simon,

Sorry for the late response.

Try updating video card drivers and installing codec pack, for example k-lite.

Best regards.
10.08.11 13:42:23
Thanks for the answer.

I searched NVIDIA for latest drivers, and it seems I have them already.
Regarding codec pack. I had the k-lite 7.5.0 installed and just updated to 7.6.0.
Neither helps to resolve my problems.

Meanwhile I have also tried to install an old version of AVS4YOU. This didn't work either.

Any ideas?

-Simon
11.08.11 01:22:28

Hello Simon,

In this case try also disabling Intel Media codec in AVS Video Converter>Settings>Processing>Codecs>Intel Media>Disabled in drop-down list. Then re-start the program and try converting your video once again.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.
13.08.11 10:50:53
That didn't give any changes either.

Is there some kind of log, that I can find in order to give you debug information?

-Simon
14.08.11 10:40:48
I tried to uninstall all programs (AVS and k-lite) and reinstall AVS.
That made the conversion work succesfully.
I then re-installed k-lite to make sure that it was the program that made my error occour. AVS stopped working with k-lite installed.
I then removed k-lite again and installed another codec pack (Shark007) to see if that made my conversion work and still being able to se .flv videos.
The Shark007 made AVS behave exactly as if k-lite codec pack was installed.

Unfortunately after having installed Shark007 and removed it again, the AVS didn't start to work again. Maybe the codec pack has some hidden files somewhere?

Now my dilemma is to choose between either being able to see .flv videos with a codec pack installed or being able to generate .flv videos for my homepage!

Could there be some problems when running on a 64bit Win7 with specific codecs installed, that stalls the AVS program?

-Simon
Lex
Administrator
15.08.11 11:59:15

Hello Simon,

Please make sure you use the latest version of AVS Video Converter 8.0.4.495:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSVideoConverter.exe

In fact there shouldn't be any problems with codecs. Please specify whether you installed K-lite codec after uninstalling Shark007 codec. Could you please specify what you mean by
sloell:
Now my dilemma is to choose between either being able to see .flv videos with a codec pack installed or being able to generate .flv videos for my homepage!

Best regards.
15.08.11 21:36:37
To: Lex

I have the latest version installed, as mentioned in first post.

Regarding to the installation order it was as follows:
- AVS + klite = no conversion but able to play .flv in Windows Media Player.
- AVS alone = conversion works but not able to play .flv in WMP or any other layer.
- AVS + shark007 = no conversion but able to play .flv in Windows Media Player.
- AVS alone = nothing of above works.
- AVS + klite = no conversion but able to play .flv in Windows Media Player.
- AVS alone = nothingbaf above works anymore.

As far as I can see it looks as if the codecs are doing something not intended.

If I get the state before shark007 was installed, I would be able to either convert with klite uninstalled, or play .flv movies after installing klite.

-Simon
Lex
Administrator
16.08.11 13:16:18

Hello Simon,

Please specify whether there is the issue with all flv files or just with one. Please install K-lite Codec pack. Follow Start/All programs/K-Lite Codec Pack/Tools/Media Info. Import the FLV file and send us screenshot with the generated information.

Best regards.
16.08.11 21:17:09

File attached.

I have tried with several .3gp and .avi movies to .flv.
I have also tried to see if I could convert the other way around.

-Simon
Attached files:
Lex
Administrator
18.08.11 12:52:26

Hello Simon

Please specify whether you mananed or failed to convert AVI and 3GP files to FLV. Please also specify whether you try to play back FLV video converted with AVS Video Converter.
Please specify what you mean by
sloell:
I have also tried to see if I could convert the other way around.

Best regards.
18.08.11 21:28:25

If I have any codec packs installed I can not convert ANY videos, nor can I play videos in the AVS player.
While the codec packs are installed I can play all kinds of videos, even the .flv I have been converting on my previous PC.

If I uninstall the codec packs I'm able to convert all kinds of videos f.x. into .flv or other formats. But because the codec pack is unistalled I'm not able to play the videos.

Bottom line:
AVS product & codec installed = AVS product not working.
AVS product & codec uninstalled = AVS product works (except the player, since it misses the codec...)

-Simon
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  324