AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
12.03.11 13:08:26
Hi.

I recently acquired a Canon HF M300 camcorder (High Definition) and anxious to try burning a few files to see how things would come out, I downloaded the trial of AVS Video editor with the expectation that I would be purchasing the license within a day or two.

Unfortunately, I now don't foresee myself doing so unless I am able to solve the folowing problem.

Even though I have HD 1080p files I first attempted to create a regular HQ DVD (720x480). The burn process completed, but the disc will play neither on a regular DVD player nor a PS3. During the burn process, little orange cones appeared in the burning dialog box (attachment - AVS_alert)).

So, I figured I would attempt to create a disc with HD quality output. After all, the camera is HIgh Definition. I selected Blu-ray and everything went well until the end of the burn process when the AVS Video Burner Service box popped up to alert me that a recording error had occurred (attachhment - AVS_alert_4).

Is it impossible to use AVS Video Editor to create a blu-ray quality disc for use on a PS3 using a DVD? I have tried other software and everything works the way it should (1920x1080 on a DVD). With that said, I would nonetheless prefer to purchase the AVS software for the many extras the Video Editor has to offer.

I have gone through two dozen discs trying to come up with something... what am I doing wrong?

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks very much.
Attached files:
14.03.11 07:50:31
To: readytorock

Hello,

It should work when you convert to Blu-Ray but burn to DVD disc. However, the error as you can see, caused by deffective disc or disc incompatibility with the disc drive. Could please specify the brand and type of your blank disc as well as the model of your disc drive?

Best regards.
14.03.11 16:20:03
To: Vlad
Thank you for your reply.

I have tried Verbatim, Maxell and Benq discs (4.7GB) on a small 400 MB project... all to no avail. However, said discs work perfectly with other applications.

What could be wrong?
15.03.11 03:08:20
To: readytorock

Which version of AVS Video Editor do you use? Do you have also any old AVS program installed (you can check the latest versions on our downloadpage)?

Could you please also specify the model of your burner? you can find this information in Drive Info option of AVS Disc Creator. Please send us a screenshot if drive info.
Online:
Users:  1  roman mills
Guests:  417