AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
07.03.11 05:21:30
Is it possible to place an HD video 1080p on a DVD disc using AVS4YOU software ? I've been all over the different programmes but can't find anything that will create a Blueray disc for me, apart from AVS Disc creator, but you need to have created the BD/DVD files before using that programme ?

So how do I create (author) a Blueray disc with menus etc? I can then stick a DVD in the writer and hopes it writes to it assuming all files are less than 4.7gb

Any help would be very much appreciated.
09.03.11 05:45:03
To: mattbmw

Hello,

You can author menu for Blu-ray video with AVS Video Converter or AVS Video Editor. For it you should create menu using disc menu options in these programs and then produce/convert videos to blu-ray. Please find the details here for AVS Video Converter and here for AVS Video Editor.

Best regards.
13.03.11 17:36:24
To: Vlad

Thanks!
14.03.11 07:55:33
To: mattbmw

you are welcome
19.05.11 13:33:26
Hi Vlad, I am a little confused with your response. Your answer deals well with the MENU issue but I must be missing something when it comes to burning burning the HD content to a DVD for use on a Blue-ray Player (HVDC format). Which is an answer I am interested in as well.
The reason is simply, the cost of 'Media', as I do have a BD-RE writer.
20.05.11 01:44:53
To: Dotski

After converting video to Blu-ray just put DVD disc at burning step into your burner, thus you will be able to burn blu-ray video to DVD disc. We have not test this feature fully and don't quarantee resulted video will play for sure in blu-ray player, but, at least, you can try.
20.05.11 02:32:39

Thanks for getting back. Mechanically this method works, the BDVM sytem files are written to the Disc per progress information provided by the AVS Disc-creator and the Disc (DVD+R) shows that information, consistent with the approx 0.9GB of the clip, has been written to it. Unfortunately, the disc will not play in my L/T player (have currently no access to a AVCHD enabled BD player). My main concern, Windows Explorer only shows the 'desktop.ini' file of 1KB on the Disc (??).

I am using: SONY VGN-FW Laptop with BD-R/BD-RE Disc-drive; Windows 7 Pro (64), Player for AVCHD S/W (provided by SONY)

The BDMV files used were generated by AVS Video Editor (720p, would really like 1020p, at 59.94fps) - tried burning from here, gave me the same results.

I would like to puchase your S/W, but producing AVCHD (Blue-ray) is very important to me, until BD media comes down in price significantly.

Your help will be much appreciated
20.05.11 02:50:23

One additional piece of information.
AVCHD produced under Pinnacle play very well on my L/T, with the 'InterVideo WIN DVD (BD for VAIO)' Software.
When I use this S/W with the 'AVS Disc Creator' disc's, I get an immediate "STOP" after starting.
20.05.11 06:38:36
As far as I understand you are trying to play videos on laptop... Unfortunately, on laptop it will not start automatically. If there is any option to browse video file in your software player, try opening index.bdmv file from BDMV folder or largest m2ts from STREAM folder.
20.05.11 08:25:57

The AUTO-START is not a problem. With the disk in the drive, if the Intervideo WINDVD player is started it searches for the DVD and plays any AVCDVD or BD automatically.
The problem appears to be, that the BDMV file are not seen by Windows Explorer nor the player.
22.05.11 00:48:51

After a little more research, please correct me if I am wrong, AVCHD written to DVD, to be played on BD-players must be rendered to AVCHD compression (H.264?) not BD compression. Hence, if we managed to write the BD format to a DVD, it cannot be read on an 'AVCHD enabled BD-player' (BD must be written to BD media to be recognized, due to Media specs). I appreciate the fact, that different implemetations of ABVCHD h.264 exist for Camera's etc but surely the options are narrowed down when it comes to, what AVCHD enabled players can read.
AVS4YOU is obviously able to read most common AVCHD formats as input, but is not offering a most common option as OUTPUT.
This AVCHD compression option does not appear to be available from AVS4YOU at this time.
Why not?
Can we expect it soon?
24.05.11 05:09:51
To: Dotski

If BDMV files are not seen even seen in windows explorer, it is not a problem of media formats compatibility. You should also have BDMV files on hard drive. Are they seen in windows explorer? Can you play them in media player from hard drive?

Some cameras create video in AVCHD structure... It is similar to BD, but a little different - the main file index.bdm, not bdmv, and video is in .mts files, not m2ts. However, both should be supported by BD players.

By the way, in AVS Video Converter you can select profiles with h.264 or mpeg-2 codecs for output when converting to blu-ray.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  288