AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
09.01.11 12:27:19
Afternoon,

Firstly let me say that your video software is awesome - every type of video file I throw at it is accepted and the software works well, aside from a few freezes which are undoubtly caused by my fingers being too fast for the software to cope with. It stands up well against Premiere which I use virtually everyday, and which is a bit fussy about imported videos all being the same type. I use your software on a laptop usually doing on the fly edits of many files from all sorts of devices prior to 'publication' onto a web site.

However, I have one gripe. Please, oh please get rid of the 'zebra lines' that appear every time a filter or other option is selected for the timeline. I am sure it looks pretty, makes the option screen stand out well et al, but is sooo annoying having to wait - albeit a few seconds - while the background fades out to zebra lines and then back again. What does it do? No idea - but it does take up cpu cycles for no good reason, and which can be used for processing the video.

Ending on a high - I would love to see a change in the timeline - two lines of video with a transition line in between - which would get over many problems being raised on the forum with reference to loosing edits if the video is shortened, but undoubtly involve a major re-write of the software. Perhaps you could also add a second audio line for editing as well - although I know you can use the mic and background audio line for that.

Regards,

Chris Carter-Bown
16.01.11 07:18:10
To: Chriscb

Hello Chris,

Sorry for the late response and thank you for kind words about our software. We appreciate it.

Be sure, I will forward all our suggestion to our developers as an enhancement for the next version of AVS Video Editor.

Best regards.
01.02.11 04:13:18
To: Chriscb
Chriscb:
Perhaps you could also add a second audio line for editing as well - although I know you can use the mic and background audio line for that.

Don't know if it is what you miss, but if you right-click an audio line you get an option "add line" which adds another audio line. You can even add a third audio line that way. Sorry enough, more audio lines can not be added this way. But this should be enough for most users.
05.05.11 04:13:08
Chriscb:

However, I have one gripe. Please, oh please get rid of the 'zebra lines' that appear every time a filter or other option is selected for the timeline. I am sure it looks pretty, makes the option screen stand out well et al, but is sooo annoying having to wait - albeit a few seconds - while the background fades out to zebra lines and then back again. What does it do? No idea - but it does take up cpu cycles for no good reason, and which can be used for processing the video.

Oh yes, please, please, please remove this!!!
06.05.11 00:42:25
To: humpataa

Why don't you like it? This feature decorates interface and makes it rich.
06.05.11 02:09:01
It slows everything unnecessarily down! Please at least make an option to disable it. Thank you.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  267