AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.11.10 02:25:01
EXTRA PROPERTIES INFORMATION & EDITING
As audio objects can be split, it is possible to have one that has had either the start and/or the end of it trimmed off. You can view the properties of the object using the context menu (see wish - audio properties 1.jpg) and also by placing your cursor at the end of the trimmed object (see wish - audio properties 2.jpg). The problem with the first is that it gives information about the original object, not the edited/trimmed version, and so only lists the original duration. The second gives the duration of the edited object, but not the position in the original at which it starts, or the position at which it ends.

My suggestion is to add both those values to either of these displays. That way if the user wanted to, they could load the original into an audio editor, find those points and do whatever editing and filtering they like.

That feeds into the next part of the suggestion - allow the user (through the context menu perhaps) to edit the object in an external audio editor. This might be the AVS one, but ideally the user could define which application to use. The external editor would open a copy of the (modified) version of the audio object, do there editing, and then after they've saved/exited the external application, a new version of the clip would replace that object. If the user made a mistake, CONTROL-Z would restore the original.
18.11.10 02:47:39
AUTO FADE IN and OUT
This suggestion is to add a couple of options on the context menu of an audio object: ADD FADE IN and ADD FADE OUT. Both of these would automatically manipulate the audio envelope of the object. The Fade In would add a control point a certain time from the start of the object, and drop the start control point to zero. The Fade Out would add a control point a certain time from the end of the object, and drop the end control point to zero. Maybe the time from the start/end to add the point would be decided by a dialog box (similar to duration) once these options were chosen. In any case, the extra control points could be moved after they've been inserted.

This is a time saver. Both can be done manually but this would make doing either much faster. And it might also eliminate an audio glitch that sometimes happens when fading out a trimmed audio object.
21.11.10 04:03:40
VOICE RECORD
Sometimes when using Voice record the start of the recording has an audible click or other noise. This seems to be a problem with the editor rather than a hardware problem because the artefact is not present when another program (e.g. Audacity) is used to record. It would be good to fix this.

It would be helpful if the OPTIONS tab included a drop-down folder list, similar to the one on the final page of the PRODUCE set of screens. At the moment, the audio file created is placed in the TEMP DIRECTORY listed under settings. Having a drop-down list would allow the user to change locations on the fly.

It would also be handy if, after recording, the audio file could be named directly. While anything can be renamed in the media library, that doesn't actually change the filename of the the media, and when renamed objects are added to tracks, their original name still shows. Being able to rename a Voice Record file as it's made would help a user keep track of what was said on it.
26.11.10 05:06:01
LauraEss:
AUTO FADE IN and OUT
This suggestion is to add a couple of options on the context menu of an audio object: ADD FADE IN and ADD FADE OUT. Both of these would automatically manipulate the audio envelope of the object.

I can't agree with you more... Sometimes it can be pretty painful to set FADE IN/OUT manually. What I suggest is to make FADE IN/OUT like the one you can find in Nero Wave Editor. You just select the area on the timeline you want to fade in or fade out and then click to add audio effect. It would be much easier, rather than setting "duration".

As for the Voice Recording, dunno haven't experienced anything like it. I have Sound Blaster X-Fi (PCI) and don't hear anything. Try updating your audio card drivers. (I've also heard that you can experience glitches and artifacts if the audio card is located too close to the CPU cooler. Not sure if it is actually true, but I have my audio card installed at the very botom of the MB and like I said don't have any problems.)
You may also want to use another microphone, maybe something more professional. I also suggest to remove microphone voice boost, it may solve your problems partially.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  129