AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
05.11.10 05:24:52
I am using Win 7 Pro (32 bit)
Using registered copy of DVD Author.

I used the wizard to build a simple project, it built and burnt correctly. I then tried to rebuild it with some minor changes and the BUILD process will not start.

Reported to support and absolutely NO response.

In desperation have uninstalled and reinstalled DVD Author. No change.

Any advice would be gratefully received as AVS seem incapable of doing anything about it.
05.11.10 07:26:14
To: MikeP

Hello,

We apologize for the late response. Please note that usually we answer support requests within 48 hours as it is stated on our support page.

To avoid the problem please completely reinstall AVS programs using this guide.

Please save your project previously, you can do it opening menu File in the top toolbar of the program and using Save Project As option.

Best regards
05.11.10 07:30:17
To: Vlad

But why did the problem arise at all and what will stop it happening again?
05.11.10 08:18:34
You might like to consider the following as it might answer the question about the non-build.

I have just run the DVD Authoring application again with a different video file and it has worked. I suspect that the Authoring application somehow locks the video file or tries to maintain a link to the file as I had copied it to a new folder between the first build and the second attempt. Although all of the files were correctly allocated during the wizard or advanced set up it appears the video file it was to use can't be used and the application just waits - no warnings - no explanation.

This problem would not be corrected by a re-installation etc. This is a software bug that needs to be corrected.
05.11.10 09:34:57
I now think that the problem has to do with the depth of stacking directories, that is

C:/dvdauthoring/vid1/*.* does not work

but

C:/dvdauthoring/*.* does work

Why this should be I do not know but this should be a very simple problem to correct!
08.11.10 08:17:32
To: MikeP

Sorry for the delay.

We have made some tests and it does not depend on the path and source directory. The problem can occur if output DVD files are locked and our program cannot re-write output DVD files. Therefore, if you are playing resulted DVD in DVD player software at the moment when build DVD second time, please close DVD player software. If output dvd folder is opened then you run second build DVD, also please close it to avoid the problem.

If all this does not help, please specify the following details:

1) specify your version of AVS DVD Authoring;
2) specify which settings do you select to build DVD?
3) specify to which folder you build DVD second time? is it the same as the previous?
4) describe your actions step by step after the first build. i.e watch the result, change chapter positions, run build again, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.
30.12.10 21:58:33
i have the same problem. i build one video and burned it and now its not building it again. this is the second time i have reinstalloed windows 7 64bit because of this problem and yet its still the same problem
02.01.11 06:32:24
To: kobe262006@yahoo.com

Hello,

We have stopped developing AVS DVD Authoring program and recommend AVS Video Editor 5.2. to create DVD with menu's.

Regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  474