AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.02.10 18:07:27
I had some text on the text line which was timed with a color background on the "line for main video". I executed a "move right" on this color background so that it would appear after a video section instead of before. The icon for the text on the text line just disappeared. (<CTRL>-Z would bring it back.) The icons for all the other pieces of text were still underneath and synchronized with their color backgrounds; only this one is gone. I can understand that it (the text icon) would still be in the same place after the move right - and I would have to move it to the new place along the time line. But disappearing? This is with video editor 4.2.
Experienced User
22.02.10 13:52:55
To: gdrenkes

I've noticed similar wierdness in the audio lines when moving clips around. I've found it smartest to lock the audio lines when moving video, otherwise it tries to keep the audio startup and stop times even with the video... which always messes things up. I might suggest locking the text line before moving video clips around, then unlocking and adjusting the textline. Ideally you wouldn't have to do this, but this might at least make it workable.

I wish there was an option to turn this feature off because with the work I do I'm often enlongating or shrinking pictures to fit with audio. If I forget to lock the audio line and move a pic, it screws up the audio. I have to undo, lock, redo my edit, then unlock. This would make a nice feature for the future perhaps?
Administrator
24.02.10 02:58:17
To: gdrenkes

The solution offered (locking lines) is really helpful in such a case.

seateabee@gma...:
I wish there was an option to turn this feature off because with the work I do I'm often enlongating or shrinking pictures to fit with audio. If I forget to lock the audio line and move a pic, it screws up the audio. I have to undo, lock, redo my edit, then unlock. This would make a nice feature for the future perhaps?
I will hand this suggestion along to our developers. Thank you.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  2  micle jack, alisawilson
Guests:  387