AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
08.12.09 18:53:49
How do you clear the contents of the drop-down list in the "Open Video File requester in AVS Media Player?? Mine is full of old videos that aren't even on the computer any more.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
09.12.09 00:39:58
To: Mick Berg

Hello Mick,

Actually, it is windows explorer window which opens when you click Open Video File button in AVS Media Player. With windows explorer your can browse for supported video files. I'm not sure what what you mean by drop-down list. Could you please attach a screenshot?

Best regards.
10.12.09 17:09:32
Vlad:

Hello Mick,

Actually, it is windows explorer window which opens when you click Open Video File button in AVS Media Player. With windows explorer your can browse for supported video files. I'm not sure what what you mean by drop-down list. Could you please attach a screenshot?

Best regards.

Hi. Here's a screenshot but very bad because I had to do it with a camera. The "recent files" dropdown would, of course, retract as soon as I clicked any kind of screen rip program. I understand that this is a Windows thing but isn't there usually a way to clear these out?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
Attached files:
11.12.09 05:19:55

Thanks for the screenshot, it's very useful. Now I see what you mean.

Windows explorer saves history of opened video files. You can clean this history using our AVS Registry Cleaner program.

Install AVS Registry Cleaner downloading from the link below:

http://www.avs4you.com/Downloads/AVSRegistryCleaner.exe

Check Explorer MRU registry category for scanning, see the first screenshot attached. After scanning several keys will appear, find the key which refers to OpenSave MRU (see the second screenshot attached), check only it and press Fix. After that dropdown list of video files will be cleaned.

Best regards.
Attached files:
13.12.09 13:16:06
To: Vlad

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems the Registry Cleaner has to be registered (ie purchased) to work. To be honest, I haven't registered the AVS4You suite yet. I had some issues with the video editing software, which I was hoping to see resolved, and it hasn't happened yet. I hope to register the suite when the issues are resolved and when finances permit.
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
14.12.09 03:58:24

Please do not hesitate to contact us about the issues you have with our software and wait to be fixed. As far as I can see on our forum, you had an issue with playing DVD's. Unfortunately, now we don't plan to support this format for playback. Another one issue was converting AVI to FLV. Have you tried our solution? Please see this post: http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=1368&p=1#6475

Best regards.
14.12.09 14:35:59
To: Vlad

I downloaded the new dll and put it in the correct folder. Now the AVS Media Player doesn't work at all! All the buttons flash continuously and the player won't play anything. Oh dear!! I will delete the new dll and see if things revert to normal.
Mick Berg.
15.12.09 02:50:46

Mick,

Have you also repaired avs dll's after putting new AVSFLVFile3.dll into ActiveX folder?

Has AVSFLVFile3.dll been loaded successfully?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  526