AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
18.05.08 18:24:52
Hi - new usertrying to split british DVD's sent to me into avi's to play on my home theater. I have ripped the dvd, and have five vob's and the video_ts.ifo. THere are 7 episodes on the disc, but every time I try to make avi's, selecting the IFO file, I get just one episode - and it's not even the first one. But same one every time. Using AVS Video Converter 6.2
I have had split on and split off. Everything I read tells me that it should read the IFO file and do the job, but obviously I am doing something wrong. I can load the ripped files as a source into NERO and the 'virtual DVD' works okay and I can choose all the episodes there, so the IFO file would appear to be working. Anyone put me out of my misery (having spent all weekend on it...)?
thanks
MIke Souter.*SOS*
Dam
Administrator
19.05.08 05:09:26
To: msouter

Hello Mike,

Please try to use VOB files for the conversion,

1. Launch AVS Video Converter and press Browse button
2. Choose your DVD folder.
3. In the Files of type field change All Video Files to VOB files.
There will appear something like
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
VTS_01_5.VOB
VTS_02_0.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB
4. In View Menu set Details and sort files by Size (video is to be in the biggest file).
3. Open VTS_01_1.VOB (or VTS_02_1.VOB, or VTS_03_1.VOB according to its size).
09.09.08 06:43:49
Hi All,

Here's my problem. I have a DVD recorder that I use to copy personal DVD's, etc. Often I have more than one show/movie/title on a disc. When I use DVD Copy, I get the the whole DVD with the title screen where I can select the title I want and play it. All's well with the world......until...

....I try to use the Video to iPod or Video Converter tools. When I use these, I go to the folder where the DVD files are kept....I select the Video_TS file and begin the conversion process. When the process finishes, I have only one of the titles that were on the DVD. I'm hoping that there is a simple solution to this problem.

Thanks.

Boat Drinks!

Roccofan
09.09.08 07:25:01
To: Dam

Just to be clear, you're saying to use all the large VOB files...correct?
Dam
Administrator
09.09.08 07:36:44
To: Roccofan

Yes, the largest one.

You can also follow this link to our Online Help, for more detailed information.
10.09.08 03:25:05

Thanks for your help. This solution works well for my most recent DVD's, but for my older DVD's I'm still having trouble. The solution offered at the bottom of the page of your last link seemed to be on the right track, but I'm affraid the DVD recorder I used might have predated that solution. I'm including screen shots of the folders on that DVD in hopes you'll have a fix for me. Thanks.
Dam
Administrator
11.09.08 06:43:22

Please choose VTS_01_1.VOB file for the conversion.

If the file is hidden, please follow:
Start>My Computer>Tools>Folder options>View
Then untick Hide extensions for known file types (see the attachment)

Best Regards
Attached files:
12.09.08 06:06:23

Thanks for you help. I was able to copy a few of these older disks, but it's still touch and go. At first I thought that it was the recorder that I used originally to make the disk that was causing the problem, but some copy with no problems while others hang the system.

My new thought is that it might be the underlying quality of the physical disk. I'm hesitant to think this, because it seems to me that if the disk plays using your DVD player software, there shouldn't be a problem ripping it. That said, I have a LOT of DVD's I want to put on my hard drive, so I'd rather not have to wait 20-30 mins before knowing whether or not the ripping process is going to work.

My question is: If I use a DVD Info software to get detailed information on my disks, what should I be looking for to gauge whether or not a disk is likely to fail the copy process?

Thanks again for all your help.
Dam
Administrator
15.09.08 02:58:19

Hi,

Roccofan:
My question is: If I use a DVD Info software to get detailed information on my disks...

Unfortunately we do not have any special software for the DVD discs quality checking. But to avoid that problem I'd recommend you to use first AVS DVD Copy to grab video from a DVD disc to your PC hard drive and after that use AVS Video Converter 6 for the convertion.

AVS DVD Copy will let you to get rid of the disc defects such as scratches, bad sectors etc. Plus, the conversion from the hard drive disc will be faster, as in this case the conversion process will be proceeded in miltiple streams.

Best Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  411