AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
10.08.09 11:21:44
I made 5 titles
#1. Is there any way to change to order of the title tags across the top?
(or do I need to be 'clever' enough to add them im the 'correct border'?

#2. only 2 of the titles have chapters (the others are too short to need them
sadly - EVERY title main page had option to PLAY/CHAPTER/Titile Page
BUT - I 'Tricked' 3 of the Title Pages by changing the text (Chapters) into a "." then 'movimg OUTSIDE the safe display area
(ie I could NOT simply DELETE the Chapter Box - why not??)
and I edited the Button Actions so that NO cursor movement selected the Chapter Page
so now it appears to only allow the user to PLAY or go to Title Page (so far so good)

#3. How can I set the default chapter to be highlighted ?? I have 2 titles with chapters and both default to Chapter 2 - NOT #1 ???

#4. How can I reset my desired defaults (fonts, font size, page layouts, etc) either by project (so each new page used the project default) or a MASTER Default

#5. FYI - it took a LONG time to learn why I could edit SOME fonts and NOT others - I had selected the DEFAULT layout = those fonts could NOT be edited

#6. When some titles finsih, the next ones autoplay . . . but not all?

#7. is there a way to SET the text box sizes? or Image sizes? I like to move them (boxes) and/or shrink them, and it is hard to make them all the same size

#8. Here is my REAL Problem
Title 5 (which has 9 chapters - #1 uses a video from file - the others are TEXT)
I edited ALL the outside Button Actions NOT to "loop back" they are set to default - ie do nothing)
I have a HARD time making a chapter selection - I make one or two movements and it starts to play a chapter -
often times NOT the one I want - very frustrating - each chapter is a separate video file (my son playing Keyboard - each a different song)

I can send the project file - but the vids total about 3 gb? - I can ftp them (16 vids) separately - avg size is 250Mb - one at 720 and one at 680Mb

all are DVD NTSC 720 x 480 (default settings)

except for the menu anomolies - plays great on home TV
Administrator
11.08.09 02:35:57
greggustin:
No, unfortunately, there is not. It should be determined before you create the menu.

greggustin:
I could NOT simply DELETE the Chapter Box - why not??
Simple project mode allows you to create standard DVD menus, so an option to delete buttons is not available. For more advanced functions, use the Custom Project mode. It has been discussed in the following thread.

greggustin:
#3. How can I set the default chapter to be highlighted ?? I have 2 titles with chapters and both default to Chapter 2 - NOT #1 ???
Currently chapter#2 is highlighted by default and this cannot be changed when you create a menu. This problem has already been addressed to our developers.

greggustin:
#4. How can I reset my desired defaults (fonts, font size, page layouts, etc) either by project (so each new page used the project default) or a MASTER Default
When you create a new title a window asking which preset you would like to use is opened automatically. There you can select your own preset.

greggustin:
FYI - it took a LONG time to learn why I could edit SOME fonts and NOT others - I had selected the DEFAULT layout = those fonts could NOT be edited
We have just checked that - the default layout fonts can also be edited, i.e. you can change font style, its size etc. Please could you be more specific: describe your actions step by step and we'll try to reproduce the problem.

greggustin:
After a title plays the next one should be played automatically. When it does not autoplay, what happens? Do you have to press the Play button to start the playback or what?

greggustin:
#7. is there a way to SET the text box sizes? or Image sizes? I like to move them (boxes) and/or shrink them, and it is hard to make them all the same size
No, there is no such function. We'll consider implementing it in future.

As for the problem described in #8, it seems to be the same bug reported in the following thread. We'll post there in case there are any news on the problem.

Best regards
Experienced User
13.08.09 09:55:14
first of all = THANKS for GREAT answers to my MANY questions
please follow my INLINE replies in RED

nadin:
greggustin:
No, unfortunately, there is not. It should be determined before you create the menu.
OK - No Problem

greggustin:
I could NOT simply DELETE the Chapter Box - why not??
Simple project mode allows you to create standard DVD menus, so an option to delete buttons is not available. For more advanced functions, use the Custom Project mode. It has been discussed in the following thread. I will try that - seems a little work intense - but if I get what I want *SUPER*

greggustin:
Currently chapter#2 is highlighted by default and this cannot be changed when you create a menu. This problem has already been addressed to our developers.
Cool - one would think that #1 would be default . . . hmmm - wonder what will happen when I make a custom project

greggustin:
When you create a new title a window asking which preset you would like to use is opened automatically. There you can select your own preset.
(well - sort of - yes you can select the presets across the bottom = but I desire to have the presests modified - eg text size, shadow color, etc - would be nice if I could make the mods (edits) and keep it IMHO

greggustin:
FYI - it took a LONG time to learn why I could edit SOME fonts and NOT others - I had selected the DEFAULT layout = those fonts could NOT be edited
We have just checked that - the default layout fonts can also be edited, i.e. you can change font style, its size etc. Please could you be more specific: describe your actions step by step and we'll try to reproduce the problem. As I recall - when you make a new page, if you select the DEFAULT - edited text was prevented - I will retest and report back - I just remade that title pages and selected some preset and then made the edits I desired

greggustin:
After a title plays the next one should be played automatically. When it does not autoplay, what happens? Do you have to press the Play button to start the playback or what? I think this was the result of my NOT putting my titles in the order I wanted - I simply rearranged them on the title page - so when it got to the title that was the 5th tab - but the "3rd" in my playlist - it stopped autoplay after MY #3 - so not really a "BUG" - as I am forced to enter the titles in the right order (for now ?? :-P )

greggustin:
No, there is no such function. We'll consider implementing it in future. Thanks

As for the problem described in #8, it seems to be the same bug reported in the following thread. We'll post there in case there are any news on the problem.

Best regards
Administrator
14.08.09 03:57:35
greggustin:
yes you can select the presets across the bottom = but I desire to have the presests modified - eg text size, shadow color, etc - would be nice if I could make the mods (edits) and keep it IMHO
OK, we'll consider implementing an option to save a particular text preset (page layout, brush etc). For the moment, you can use copy/paste style options to apply the same preset to your new titles/chapter pages.

greggustin:
I think this was the result of my NOT putting my titles in the order I wanted - I simply rearranged them on the title page - so when it got to the title that was the 5th tab - but the "3rd" in my playlist - it stopped autoplay
You should have checked button actions prior to building the disc.

greggustin:
Cool - one would think that #1 would be default . .
This is a bug, we'll correct it asap.

Regards
Experienced User
14.08.09 09:11:27
once again - thanks for your excellant replies !
see my comments inline

nadin:
greggustin:
yes you can select the presets across the bottom = but I desire to have the presests modified - eg text size, shadow color, etc - would be nice if I could make the mods (edits) and keep it IMHO
OK, we'll consider implementing an option to save a particular text preset (page layout, brush etc). For the moment, you can use copy/paste style options to apply the same preset to your new titles/chapter pages. thanks - will try

greggustin:
I think this was the result of my NOT putting my titles in the order I wanted - I simply rearranged them on the title page - so when it got to the title that was the 5th tab - but the "3rd" in my playlist - it stopped autoplay
You should have checked button actions prior to building the disc. FYI - there is nothing to check - this is the play next title in the autoplay routine -i*DANCE*

greggustin:
Cool - one would think that #1 would be default . .
This is a bug, we'll correct it asap. *SUPER*

Regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  305