AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
02.09.09 13:28:58
I purchased the unlimited software last week after trying out the AVS remaker. I am very pleased with the product and the cost for all the software you have for the price of one is fantastic.
BUT and its a HUGE BUT, the support this company pretends to have is awful. I sent many emails with a very troubling problem( AVS EDITOR WONT LOAD after its installed....My computer always crashes and gives me this big danger message). It has been 168 hrs since I sent my first email and they say 48hrs is all it takes...The lack of effort to help those who keep them in business is shameful. I only found this forum today and see where the techs answer questions here, but again I have seen techs on today and still no answer to my questions. Even though the cost was more than reasonable I feel I have been cheated out of money. So beware before you spend money, because if you arent a COMPUTER GEEK, you wont get help from AVS!!!
03.09.09 01:13:41
To: nchsbooster

i've just accidentally come across your post and i feel i need to comment on that since it is somehow misleading

i really belive your comment is unjust

i've been using AVS for over a year and i've been in contact with their support several times. sometimes it really takes a bit longer than 48 hours for them to respond. but they do respond. and they won't send you some meaningless answers.

i have had some bad experience with other software companies that always try to get away with irrelevant comments

that is definitely not the case with AVS. they have helped me out with all the problems i have had

Do you read me, guys? :-)
03.09.09 07:53:38
To: owlet
I will attach the email I got if I must, and yes 168 hrs is more than 48....I have gotten an answer today but it was from here at the forum, not via email or the support page. It seems the techs spend time here and they should say on the support page to come here first for answers, please dont email them if u need help. Look they are now trying to help me and no my statement isnt unjust it is factual. the fact is the support team is slow. Why? we can only guess. I havent gotten the problem fixed with the steps I was given, but I am sure they will figure it out. Its just frustrating that it takes so LONG! I think the upper management of this company should read all the reports and reviews about the slow tech support. I am not blaming the techs...I am blaming the Company.
Administrator
04.09.09 01:13:29
nchsbooster:
I have gotten an answer today but it was from here at the forum, not via email or the support page. It seems the techs spend time here and they should say on the support page to come here first for answers, please dont email them if u need help.

All the requests we receive on the support page or via e-mail are equally taken care of, delays might happen due to some technical problems, but we are always ready to help. We'll do our best to improve our support system in the course of time in order to optimize our work and exclude the possibility of delays.

Best regards
25.11.09 02:08:19
Hi,

I have now submitted several support requests, both recently and in the past. To date I have not had any replies OR acknowledgement.
looking through this forum, it does seem like support staff are being helpful. SO why am I not getting any help? Is there soemthing technically wrong with my details?

I am suffering difficulties with my software, such as make it of no use. So help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
Administrator
25.11.09 06:41:21
Peter88:
To date I have not had any replies OR acknowledgement.
Requests from our customers on the support page are processed within 48 hours, probably you just need to be a little more patient...
None of the requests remain unanswered, our Support Managers always work hard to reply to all the messages on timely basis.

Best regards
05.02.10 13:12:15
Just found this forum. It's funny how they lock the threads of users complaining but will leave the others so we can reply.

My thought on AVS4you support is probably one of the worst support experience ever. Now I'm waiting for Nadin to either tell me tho wait 48 hours or that they were having difficulties with their servers.
Administrator
06.02.10 04:33:21
To: phubeone

I have sent a reply to your request on the support page. Note that activation issues are not discussed on the forum, according to the rules, but we are always ready to help you resolve them.

Best regards
17.02.10 09:26:27
i AM HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES. MY AVS AUTHORING SOFTWARE WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY AND THE SUPPORT TEAM WILL NOT RESPOND. ANY COMPANY THAT WILL NOT OFFER A LIVE CHAT OR PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM....SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SELL PRODUCTS. GOOD LUCK.
Administrator
18.02.10 00:10:31
To: heidiedwards

Unfortunately, phone support is not offered by our company for the time being, but we will do our best to optimize our support system with the course of time. Please note my reply to your post submitted on the forum and information sent to you on the support page.

Kind regards
24.02.10 19:43:47
What the different between the unlimited and the 1 year subscription
Administrator
24.02.10 22:46:42
To: b8aleecop

Please follow this link to our F.A.Q to find the answer. Note that such questions are not discussed on the forum, please contact our Support Team, in case you have any further pre-sale queries.

Regards
25.02.10 03:33:48
I am very interested in purchasing video editor which seems to be ideal for camcorder I want to purchase. I therefore contacted you on 17th Feb with query and was very pleased to get immediate email acknowledgment followed by answer from Tanya next day. I wanted further clarification and completed support form 4 days ago but got no acknowledgment so I tried again yesterday. I have only just found this forum and would welcome any response as of course good support is an essential part of good editing software.

normeil
25.02.10 04:51:58
Further to my message sent earlier today I have now had very helpful reply from Tanya in support page.

Regards
Administrator
25.02.10 05:29:39
To: nande.wallace@ntlworld.com
Our Support Team is always ready to help. Feel free to contact us again. :-)
20.03.10 19:51:21
I must agree as others here... great software, but horrible support. I've emailed twice now without ANY response or answer. This company sounds good on paper and appears to be well maintained, but I have a feeling it's a one man show....

A part of this post has been deleted, as we do not discuss activation issues on the forum, according to the Rules. Our support team apologizes for the delay in reply occured. We will contact you on the support page promptly providing information on your order.
23.03.10 00:44:06
I must admit that I have a call open and no response so far and while my patience is getting a bit thin I think you also need to keep in mind how much this software costs, if you want 24X7 telephone support go and buy Adobe with a support contract to suit.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, admittedly if the 168H someone mentioned is accurate then I would be leaving a similar message to that person.

Perhaps AVS should consider a priority support option based on user pays, if you want fast support then pay for it, but playing devils advocate and working in IT for over 20 years a product is only as good as it's support, AVS just need to balance this accordingly because there are plenty of other players in the market and just like at work if I don't get support I will cut my losses and move to someone else.

Barry
Experienced User
24.03.10 09:29:16
For what it's worth...

I've worked with computers for many years... I'm am the support staff at my place of business and as such I deal with the support departments of MANY pieces of software. In my opinion, AVS support is sub-par in terms of time it takes to get a response. I also think they can be a bit gruff sounding in their responses. At times it almost seems like English isn't the support staffs primary language. Maybe I'm way off on that... just a feeling I get. Maybe it's because I'm American and can't understand good British English! :)

Anyway, despite the negatives, there are some good positives about AVS: First and foremost is the price. The amount of software you get for such a low price is really amazing. If you want top notch support, you can expect to see the price rise substantially AND no more free updates for life (if you bought the unlimited package).

Second, as for the time delay, I take it with a grain of salt... how many times have you contact support for a company about a problem and you get a response within hours telling you to do this, that, and the next thing... but when you do that, it doesn't do a thing to fix the problem? Worse, you already indicated in you original contact to them that you did those steps, but they tell you to do them again, and won't move to the next level until you do? This is because their initial support is a bunch of low paid people who don't know the product at all and just go through a list if "This to do if it does work..." They make you go through the stupid steps one by one until their list is exhausted and then they move the problem up to the next level of support, which usually takes a couple of days to get back to you. I feel like AVS has skipped the middle man so to speak. You don't have to work through the rapid, but useless, support response.

Just my opinion of course.

Now, as for facts: I've emailed the company and also posted a couple of questions here in the support forum. I think my email took about 4 days to respond to. Forum posts were much quicker... usually less than 48 hours. I would strongly suggest using the forum for two reasons: Appears to be faster service from AVS and if you post it here, other users who may have already dealt with the same problem might be able to help you even before AVS is able to get back to you.
05.05.10 00:09:23
well the 48 hours is a bit innacurate, i am up to 96 hours and no reply, cant raise it on the forum because it's a license issue

if you cant get support on a product it's not worth the price no matter how cheap, any more problems after this one and I will have to find something with a license that does not need constant updating

Barry
Administrator
13.05.10 00:41:59
To: baza001

As far as we know, this issue has been solved already. Our support managers are always ready to help. If any issues arise in future, feel free to leave your request, we'll do our best to reply promptly.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  167