AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.08.09 16:53:38
Is there a way to automatically boost db levels in video converter without having to use edit mode on every video??
Administrator
25.08.09 01:12:41
To: dj02262002

You can boost volume of your video clip by applying the Amplify effect. This is to be done for every file you import into the program. Unfortunately, there is no automatical options in the program in this respect.

Best regards
29.04.10 03:01:31
I'm having a problem when converting DVD's to AVI. The picture quality is ok, however, the sound is so quiet you need to have the TV turned up full.
I've attached a screen shot of my AVS config
Any ideas?

Colin
Attached files:
30.04.10 01:44:12
To: BigCol

Hello,

You should apply audio effect Amplify to your video in AVS Video Converter. You can do it in Edit option of AVS Video Converter. Please find the details about applaying audio effect here.

I hope it helps.

Regards.
30.04.10 03:36:54
To: Vlad

Im sure this will help, thanks.

Why is the software changing the db level? seems like a bug?
30.04.10 04:21:32

In fact, our software does not change db level during conversion. Does your original file play louder on TV than the converted one?
30.04.10 10:20:05

im having this problem with all my dvd's. About 10 so far. All have extremely quiet volume.

I wonder if i have something configured incorrectly

colin
30.04.10 13:39:49

It's quite strange... Are they usual DVD-movies from store or created by camera or dvd recorder?

At the first thought there is no smth incorrect in your configuration, however, please try converting to one of arleady existing profile in

the program, for example Video:MPEG-4(Divx;xviD), 1500 kbps and see if the same problem exists.
29.09.10 03:21:13
I download torrent movie files, but I always try to choose good quality ones.
Most of the time the video and audio quality is very good, but because I'm new to this, I'm not sure what to look for in audio, so sometimes the audio quality is poor and I have to turn the volume up to high.

Does anybody know what software I can use and what settings to change, to be able to fix this problem?

I would appreciate your help! Thanks.
30.09.10 06:21:56
To: spiros.nikitopoulos@gmail.com

Hello,

Try adding the effect Amplify to audio track of your video files as described above.

Best regards.
30.09.10 07:48:10
I'd like to suggest a one-press feature which when selected automatically and uniformally amplifies the loudest sound in a video file to -1db level. that way all audio in the video file will be amplified automatically in the convert process without having to understand or manually apply compression, limiter, expand, amplify or normalize in the 'EDIT' window. I am a composer and sound engineer who uses avs religiously.. it would be the PERFECT feature set with a standard automatic normalize option. any possibility?
30.09.10 11:50:08
Vlad:
To: spiros.nikitopoulos@gmail.com

Hello,

Try adding the effect Amplify to audio track of your video files as described above.

Best regards.

Hi Vlad,

I tried applying a +3db "amplify" in the 'edit' window however the resulting sound was distorted causing clicks and pops.

Thanks for your wonderful program btw :D
30.09.10 23:52:09
I just remembered that Any DVD Converter Professional gives the option to perform peak volume normalize in audio settings, the peak volume level is set by the user (I used to set mine to -1db).

Please view attached a picture of the audio settings panel in AnyDVD Con Pro where the peak volume normalization option is given. :-)

I find peak normalization to be the simplest method to set, and the best method to uniformally amplify the audio in the video file until the loudest sound peak in the file is -1db in volume (as I set mine in AnyDVD Con..).

I tested all of AVS Video Converter audio 'plugins' one-by-one to try to emulate simple peak normalization but I have been unable to amplify the audio to -1db without using introducing compression, 'pumping' effects or (in most all cases) distortion to the audio signal.

I eventually opened the source video file in Magix Samplitude Music Studio which recognizes the audio track in video files. I then performed standard peak normalization to 100% and exported the audio to a .wav file. Then I lined up the source video (with sound muted) and the normalized wav file in AVS Video Editor to create the non-RMS effect for the rendered video file. The only problem after that was that the rendered video has no sound.. i rendered it twice but it still doesn't work. I then converted the .wav to .mp3 file and rendered it again - and it still doesn't render sound. Hmm. Not good.

help!
30.09.10 23:53:54
mdr:
I just remembered that Any DVD Converter Professional gives the option to perform peak volume normalize in audio settings, the peak volume level is set by the user (I used to set mine to -1db).

Please view attached a picture of the audio settings panel in AnyDVD Con Pro where the peak volume normalization option is given. :-)

I find peak normalization to be the simplest method to set, and the best method to uniformally amplify the audio in the video file until the loudest sound peak in the file is -1db in volume (as I set mine in AnyDVD Con..).

I tested all of AVS Video Converter audio 'plugins' one-by-one to try to emulate simple peak normalization but I have been unable to amplify the audio to -1db without using introducing compression, 'pumping' effects or (in most all cases) distortion to the audio signal.

I eventually opened the source video file in Magix Samplitude Music Studio which recognizes the audio track in video files. I then performed standard peak normalization to 100% and exported the audio to a .wav file. Then I lined up the source video (with sound muted) and the normalized wav file in AVS Video Editor to create the non-RMS effect for the rendered video file. The only problem after that was that the rendered video has no sound.. i rendered it twice but it still doesn't work. I then converted the .wav to .mp3 file and rendered it again - and it still doesn't render sound. Hmm. Not good.

help!
Attached files:
01.10.10 01:21:47
I'm updating from Vid Editor 4.2 to 5.1.. i'll try again after it's installed
01.10.10 07:22:53
Is there a way to peak normalize files in AVS?

Thanks

ps - I won't bother explaining how, but I got the audio track to work.
01.10.10 07:52:15
To: mdr

Hello,

Actually, our software use peak normalizing to normalize audio. Please note that Normalize and Amplify are different things. You should set Normalize to 90% in AVS Video Editor to normalize sound to -1db, see the screenshot attached.

If it does not help, please try using AVS Audio Editor to normalize audio of a video.

Best regards.
Attached files:
14.03.12 21:59:16
I tried using the normalisation on a file and it clearly ISN'T normalising, it seems more like it is using a brick wall limiter and is basically unuseable! You can hear pumping and horrible screetches in what should be (near) silent parts. Sounds like the AVL on an old tape recorder!

Normalisation should simply first search the file in its entirety for the highest value in pass1, then multiply all values by the same multiplier so the new highest value is the required % of absolute max.
Lex
Administrator
15.03.12 07:57:00
To: johnblox

Hello,

Make sure you use the latest version of AVS Audio Editor 7.1:
http://download.avs4you.net/distributives/AVSAudioEditor.exe

If the issue remains zip the send your original file. Specify to which format you save the audio file.

Best regards
15.03.12 09:57:17
To: Lex
This is using AVS Video Converter v8 to convert a TV episode from avi to mp4(mpeg4+aac). I tried it also on DVD's with same results. You can hear the artifacts using the preview window even before you convert. Even with it set at 49% normalisation still does it on every file I've tried
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  76