AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
Experienced User
07.09.09 11:11:58
I've suggested this before and it was recognised as a good idea, but not incorporated. Why the hell do I have to set up my own presets in the equalizer with every new version of Audio Editor (or Video Converter and Editor)?? The ones supplied are no use to me, that's why I set up and save my own. But every time there's a new version, my presets are deleted.

This state of affairs SUCKS!!
Administrator
09.09.09 05:48:42
jcthomson:
Why the hell do I have to set up my own presets in the equalizer with every new version of Audio Editor
Actually presets are preserved when you upgrade AVS Audio Editor by installing the new version over the previous one. The only way to delete the user-defined presets is to uninstall the program and only then install the new version. Please specify what was the installation procedure in your case - we'll try to clear up the problem.

As for AVS Video Converter and Editor, we have not forgotten about your suggestion, but just have not had enough time to incorporate it in the version released. Probably the changes will take place in the next version, but surely they will be there sooner or later. It is just the question of time.

Regards
Experienced User
09.09.09 11:10:42
To: nadin

Hi - I downloaded the programme installation file from the website and ran it.
Support Manager
16.09.09 06:29:06
To: jcthomson

XML with user-defined settings will not be overwritten, if you do not delete it manyaly while uninstalling previous version.
Default path for xml is:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSAudioEditor
I've just updated AE, EQ presets are still here, I cannot reproduce the problem.
Did you completely uninstall the program before new installation?

wrt presets in Video Converter, you are absolutely right, and we hope that the problem will be resolved soon.
Experienced User
16.09.09 10:38:46
To: cotoPeC

No I didn't uninstall the previous version. I downloaded the new file from the website and ran it. I did not uninstall anything.
Support Manager
17.09.09 01:50:27
To: jcthomson

Automatic backup of such files would be an alternative solution.
Hope the function will be added soon and you don't lose anything while next update.
We will take it into consideration.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  293