AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
LL
11.08.09 12:05:06
After video (DVD) conversion to MPEG both audio and visual are fine on playback through Windows Media Player.

But if the same video (DVD) is converted to AVI only the audio is heard on playback through Windows Media Player.
Why is WMP not displaying the visual?
Administrator
12.08.09 04:04:36
LL:
But if the same video (DVD) is converted to AVI only the audio is heard on playback through Windows Media Player.
Why is WMP not displaying the visual?

Obviously, a video codec required to play the converted file is not installed, so updating the codec used to convert the file should solve the problem. Try installing the latest codec pack, such KLite. Here you can find free codec downloads.

Best regards
12.08.09 04:05:36
Hi there - just wondering if anybody out thre has problems with windows media player playing converted or any sort of videos. I hae used the video converter on the music videos I have made but windows won't play it. Music is fine but no pictures. What format should I be converting to and what codecs do I use? So frustrating. But both the audio and video converters apart from that are just brilliant - amazing softwarre and singing the pariases of AVS>
Many thanks for your help.:'(
Administrator
23.09.09 23:58:34
To: casper05

Please note my reply above.

Regards
24.09.09 05:07:27
To: nadin

Thanks - tried that and still no luck. Windows is useless!!!
Administrator
25.09.09 01:39:27
To: casper05

Are the original files played with video?

Please describe your actions step by step when converting these files: specify their format, preset used during conversion; if you try to play the movie in the preview window of AVS Video Converter, is the video played? Please open one of the source files in the program, choose the preset, then click on Advanced > File Information and send us a screenshot of this window.

Also try playing the converted file using other players, ex. AVS Media Player. What is the result?

Best regards
06.11.09 13:13:11
Hi I had written this 4-5 days back and written multiple messages but have no response from the support team. I will appreciate if some one from the forum can respond.

Video remaker makes an avi file but shows no video just appears sound. Video appears blank and black only.
I tried to create single AVI as well as mkv file also tried to create seprate files but problem remains. The new created file shows blank screen but i can hear audio.
I even tried to run repair from the avs4u menus.

Pl. suggest resolution ASAP.
Regards
07.11.09 03:11:09
Does anyone have any suggestion on this?
Administrator
09.11.09 00:04:52
To: p_shrote@hotmail.com

Please try using the solution offered in post#6768 above.

Best regards
09.11.09 07:30:02
To: L
If I do video conversion to AVI then it works okay, i can play out put file in AVS media player as well as in Windows Media player o realplayer. This is not definitely codec issue.
Since i did these output files using Video Remaker as per AVS it is not converting but just clicpping and attaching each other creating a new file without conversion. Anyway it does not matter what it does but it should show video in at least AVS Media player, but it does not show in AVS, Win, Real or anywhere. It just is blank with audio only.

Any resolution??? please.

L

Administrator
11.11.09 04:41:07
To: p_shrote@hotmail.com

Are you using the latest version of AVS Video ReMaker?

If you preview your file in the program, is the video played?
Does the problem persist when you remake a particular file / files from the same source or of a particulat format / all the files? What is the format of your video?

Hope to hear from you soon
10.01.10 14:39:02
for some reason, when i convert a file to Windows Media, it plays the audio track but does not show any video. Please advise...
Administrator
10.01.10 22:44:58
To: ammuhl

Try using the solution offered in post #6768 above.

Regards
11.01.10 11:25:22
I get no video when making an AVI from a .mov- It worked fine with the unregistered version and as soon as I bought the unlock key I get no video. The audio starts but then becomes digital noise (chirps and beeps) after about 4 min of a 20 min vid

I have used several different presets and codecs (DivX, FFDS, Xvid) and get the same results with each. I have the K-lite codec pack installed.

Again - I have used the unregistered version successfully many times which is why I paid for this! It worked fine yesterday before paying.

BTW - the video data rate listed in the file summery is 20 or 30 kbps no matter what bit rate was specified in the conversion settings
Administrator
12.01.10 01:24:29
To: TimCtheFilmGuy

If you play the original MOV file in various players, is it played fine?
Try to preview this file in AVS Video Converter before conversion. What is the result?

Click Advanced > File Information and attach a screenshot of this window here showing your input and output file settings.
Make sure you are using the latest version of the program.

Also try to play the output file using AVS Media Player.

BTW, does the problem persist with this particular MOV file only or no matter which files you try to convert?

Hope to hear from you soon
12.01.10 13:44:40
To: nadin

That's interesting...I deleted the files because I'm getting a revised file from the Color Corrector later today. However I just tried to put one of the files that AVS output back into AVS to get the info from the Advanced > File Information tab. I get an error message "ACM video codec is not installed. Codec name : FFDS"

But this is the file that AVS made! How is that possible?

So then I put in the file that was created using the Divx/Xvid codec and this is what we get (in the attachment) I don't have the original input file anymore since it was taking up 27 Gigs of space. So the input on the screenshot is actually the file that was output from AVS. I hope that makes sense. Note the bit rate on the file that was output is only 63kbps!

BTW I'm using 6.3.1.367 and I downloaded the latest K-Pac codecs yesterday
Attached files:
Administrator
12.01.10 23:11:56
To: TimCtheFilmGuy

You are using the outdated version of the program, please download the latest one (6.3.3.371) from the following page.
If the problem persists with the new version, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
22.03.10 02:01:13
Dear Nadin,
I made a video file for a gift to someone and he tried in several computers to see it in Windows Media Player and could not see the video but just hear the sound. I made the AVI file with AVS Video Editor and the WMP in my computer plays it perfectly, because you installed in my computer loads of codecs and who knows what which is needed to play in WMP, but other people that do not have your AVS programs can not see what I give them. I can not tell them to go and download who knows where a codec to be able to see it. May be AVS should give us the codec that other pleople will need to watch the video in WMP so that we can put it in the disc. Do you think this is asking too much????
Many thanks for your advise
Administrator
22.03.10 23:56:30
To: johnandg

The link to download the codecs has been provided above.
You can also recommend that they use AVS Media Player in order to play the movies.

Regards
20.04.10 09:12:45
I saved the video as instructed but when I play it back in Windowns Media Player I only get audio and not the video. What do I do?
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  110