AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
20.09.08 06:25:51
I have just downloaded AVS Video Editor 4 and it looks good but I am having a few problems finding the controls that used to be in the video TRIM window of version 3.5 such as video speed control, I can see nothing about speed control in Version 4 operating instructions it has to be there, does anyone out there know where it is ????

all the best
Algorithm *SOS*
Dam
Administrator
22.09.08 05:53:15
To: ALGORITHM

Hello,

ALGORITHM:
I can see nothing about speed control in Version 4

Unfortunately that option is not provided in the AVS Video Editor 4 BETA. But I will inform our programmers about it. May be it will be included in the next versions.

Best Regards
22.09.08 09:46:32
To: Dam
I hate to be a pain in the whatever but I really need to do some editing, can anyone tell me where the video duration/speed control is in AVS Video Editor 4 ??? I have asked AVS support, no reply !!! It is a simple question which probably has a simple answer, what is it ???

Let me get this straight , the new whizz-bang HDVeditor 4 does not have some of the most useful functions of its predecessor , WHY????, I only paid my money because I was assured that version 4 would be version 3.5 + HDV editing capability, what I got is a striped down 3.5 with limited editing capability, I see that a few other handy controls are missing from the trim window such as colour control, aspect, sound, etc, yes I know most of these features can be found in the effects area , but they were always there the trim window was a fast efficient way to do most video adjustment from one window, why would adding HDV capability to the program come at the cost of flexibility ? with no means of adjusting the video speed astro/macro/sports/ and any other fast moving or high magnification video becomes almost unwatchable at normal speed , its hard to pick any detail or really see what’s going on at 300km or in the 3.2 seconds it takes for granny, to fall down the steps, slow it down to 30km & 10 seconds for granny to fall and everything is much clearer, apart from that it makes fitting audio to video a breeze,
When will version 4 have speed control ? Please be honest if it is not going to be available in the near future I will require a refund as I must have control of the video speed.
I have a trial version of an editor that has speed control & HDV but it is not as user friendly as AVS, but it functions!, Please tell me you can fix this problem.

Disgruntled
Algorithm
]-:)
25.09.08 07:02:27
I would like to know when the video Editor 4 will have video speed control ???? If not in the near future can I have a refund as the program does not have the most basic of functions, VIDEO SPEED CONTROL!!! and is therefore useless to me, I must have video speed control.
I have been asking this question for 3 or 4 days now with no response from AVS support, well I did get an answer of sorts but it made no sense and certainly did not answer my question, all it said was,

I am very sorry for the delay!
I would like to suggest you downloading of our beta version of new Video Editor 4 which works with HD also:
*CRAZY*

Yes it works with HDV but when will it have video speed control ? is the question.

algorithm
*SOS*
Dam
Administrator
26.09.08 00:42:17
To: ALGORITHM

Hi,

ALGORITHM:
When will version 4 have speed control ?

We are working on it, and that function will be included, but I can not tell you the exact date.

I will inform you as soon that is done.

Best Regards
05.10.08 09:57:20
hi i'm not sure if my questions is the same like ALGOTITHM but i'm making a video and i want to know haw can i due a scene as slow motion, for exemplo in a movie scene i'm running and i want that this part go slow., but i cant find how. would you please help me*DANCE*
06.10.08 02:11:57
To: karla romero

Hi,
As Dam has already written, this functionality is unavailable now, but we are working on it and it will be present in the future program versions.
We will inform all our users here at the forum as well as soon as it is done.
Best regards.
09.12.08 19:43:48
Does anyone else have a problem with your music skipping at each new clip?
I don't like that if you trim or split a video clip your music also gets clipped, and even when I do have the whole song, it skips at each new clip. Otherwise I really like the program. It's just like Movie Maker that I had been using.
Dam
Administrator
10.12.08 05:47:44
To: lori.m.whitman@gmail.com

Hi,

lori.m.whitma...:
I don't like that if you trim or split a video clip your music also gets clipped

I see... That will be solved with the new version of the AVS Video Editor, where we will add an option that will block editing lines. So, that will be possible to edit e.g. only video etc...

lori.m.whitma...:
it skips at each new clip.

That is not clear what you meant. Please precise.

Best Regards
10.12.08 07:17:00
To: lori.m.whitman@gmail.com

Hi,
Did this problem get addressed? I'm having the same issue (transitions of photos make the music pause...video clips don't), and I can't figure out how to make it go away.

Any ideas?
10.12.08 14:29:30
To: Dam

I still don't understand how to go about not allowing the music to not split. Can you be more specific? How do I block editing lines?

As to the question that you didn't understand, it's the same thing that Johnc is talking about. At each new clip of video, or each new picture the music pauses and then starts again. This would be very annoying to watch and listen to.
Dam
Administrator
19.12.08 00:43:48
Hi,

As far as I understand, the problem is following.

You add videos on the storyboad, add music and then click the second in the row video clip with the left mouse button, it will turn into a hand, without releasing the left mouse button drag the second video clip to the left (thus to the beginning of the movie). That gives the random transition (see the attachment).

But, that also affects the audio. There appears an audio glitch.

So, to avoid that glitch, please add audio once again or add it after video editing. We understand that it's inconvenient, so, that will be solved soon.

Best Regards
Attached files:
16.04.09 08:26:01
So, there is no way to prevent the audio glitch from happening when I am editing? The audio keeps cutting in and out.
Administrator
17.04.09 02:54:09
To: courtleerusk

As already said by Dam, you can add audio after editing. This way the glitch can be avoided.

However, in the next version of AVS Video Editor we are planning to release in a month or two this problem has been corrected.
We`d appreciate if you waited for the release.

Best regards
17.04.09 07:48:35
I tried that! It is still not working.
Administrator
20.04.09 01:43:58
To: courtleerusk

Do you mean you have tried adding the soundtrack to audio mix line after editing your video, i.e. splitting it, applying transitions etc.?
Please could you describe your actions step by step, as it is not really clear what the problem is.

Thank you in advance
20.04.09 01:44:58
It's me again
I used to be a network TV editor and have used AVID , Sony Paltex, various JVS editors and good old film so after many years out of the saddle I though I would edit my own movies and plumped for AVS (It seemed to offer a grand package). As you know I have been struggling with quite a few of the software packages and the editor 4 is causing me a few nightmares as well.

Right at this moment I am editing a music sequence and I need to get one answer. Can you edit the main moveie line without it effecting the music line. Everytime I trim a clip it shortens the music, are the two tied???? I also have Adobe Premier and this does not happen, the only reason I got AVS editor is it seems to say that it dealt with quite a few video formats MP4, MOV etc. So in this instance can I edit the main video line seperate from the music line (I.e. retain the music clip in its entire duration)???
Administrator
18.06.09 02:22:14
To: cargeo

Please note the posts above.

Best regards
18.06.09 02:34:07
To: nadin

Nadin
Which silly person sanctioned the release of Editor 4 when you cannot cut pictures to a music track with the music track being disrupted in the process. Also, I see by other tech questions all you guys keep saying is this will be sorted with the new release. Some of AVS tech team say new release will be mid June (That's now) and others say end of June. You are quoted as saying one or two months!!!
Administrator
18.06.09 03:59:39
To: cargeo

The preliminary deadline was middle of June, however, unfortunately, due to some problems the release has been delayed. I will inform you as soon as the new version is available.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  411