AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
25.06.09 04:34:56
Hi

I would like to edit some DVR-MS files. When I preview the files through AVS4YOU the video is skipping frames. The audio is correct it is just not playing all the frames. When I view the file wih Media Player or Media Center the video is smooth and the audio is fine.

I tried to convet a clip to AVI and it came out the same as the preview skipping frames. I put a support message through a number of days ago but have had no replies and just took a guess there may be a forum for the site (although I couldn't see any links on the webpage)

I have attached a sample of it converted through Video Editor 4.1 and it is the way it looks in preview mode in Video Editor 4.1 but the source file plays fine in other players.

I am also using Windows 7 RC1 (7100)
Attached files:
5740.02 KB
Administrator
26.06.09 03:39:48
To: Shawnf

Please try saving the .dll available in the following thread.

Please inform us on the result.

Regards
26.06.09 18:53:58
To: nadin

Thanks for the link to the .DLL That has fixed the skipping video and most of the audio issues. However I have one clip where I can not get the audio to sync with the video. I think the problem is that when the dvr-ms starts that is about 1 second of video before the audio kicks in. I think your software starts playing the audio track straight away therefore it is out of sync by about 1 second.

Media Center and windows media player seem to be able to sync the audio to the video. I can FTP the video too you as it is only 40MB.

Please send me the instructions
26.06.09 20:11:21

I have been doing some more playing around and have found out that the .dll has not fixed the syncing issues with the audio.

Your software seems to just play adusio and video tracks seperatly so if there is some corruption in eith of the video or audio tracks then from that point onwards they are for ever out of sync. I have recorded some music clips off of TV and I want to grab a couple of songs out of a recordsing which is 1.5 hours long. There is some issues with the recording but the clips I want play perfectly in other media applications but yours seems to have them all out of sync. There must be some data markers in the Audio and Video streams which other software applications use to match up the data.
26.06.09 22:46:09

One last thing. When I use Video Editor and I create a movie and output it using MPEG and choosing HD Video 1080P from the profile, I just get a audio file with no video. I have recently found a program which looks like it will do what I want from dvr-ms to trim the file which has no sync issues but I would also like to convert it to a mpg and keeping the high quality
Administrator
28.06.09 23:22:18
To: Shawnf

Please upload one of these dvr-ms files to our FTP server. The instruction will be sent to you on the support page.

Shawnf:
When I use Video Editor and I create a movie and output it using MPEG and choosing HD Video 1080P from the profile, I just get a audio file with no video.
Most likely, MPEG codec needed to play the converted file is not installed on your PC, so try updating the codecs.
Please inform me on the result.

Best regards
20.07.09 05:41:15

Hi. I have uploaded another file as there is still syncing issues. (I have downloaded the latest versions of your software) There is also frame skipping it looks like when it get out of sync it tries to re-sync by skipping frames. Also there seems to be some artifacts on the bottom lines of the video. I have tried encoding it a few times with the same results of the flashing lines which do not appear on the original. Another thing that is annoying me is the audio quality is no where near as loud and good as the original. I am trying the highest setting that the convertor will let me select but it is not as good.

I have attached the input and output infomation for the file. How can I encode the output file to be AC3? All I really want to do is convert them from dvr-ms to another format and keep the audio and video all at the same quality. I am not looking at reducing the quality or size of the video.
Attached files:
34.02 KB
Support Manager
27.07.09 02:27:14
Shawnf:
I have uploaded another file as there is still syncing issues

will be fixed as soon as possible.

Shawnf:
Also there seems to be some artifacts on the bottom lines of the video.

There seems to be while playing with WMP too, but I'm sure the problem will be resolved soon.

Shawnf:
How can I encode the output file to be AC3?

Unfortunately that is impossible to convert video with AVS software keeping AC3 audio format.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  111