AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
22.04.09 11:51:31
Hello, I tried to burn a song 2 weeks ago that would not burn to audible cd. I later found out it was copy protected. Now when I try to burn other stuff, like a data cd, the Disk Creator will not even load. I unistalled and downloaded the latest version from the site, but still the same thing... it will not finish loading up. It just sits there with an hour-glass forever. Did I break it? Anybody ever hear of this?
Administrator
24.04.09 01:06:34
To: bulkemail1@neo.rr.com

Try starting AVS Disc Creator following C:\Program Files\AVS4YOU\AVSDiscCreator. Double-click AVSDiscCreator.exe. What is the result?

Best regards
24.04.09 09:54:58
To: nadin

Thanks for the reply... It is still the same result when I tried that as well. It basically shows the Disk Creator Splash Screen and then goes to the software interface screen like it should, but the hour glass never goes away. I can even hover the mouse over the different buttons and they respond by changing the way they are highlighted... ex; Data, Audio, Vid/Photo, Copy etc. Even the buttons below these top ones(the ones with the detailed descriptions of each operation) change their highlighted state too. It seems like it is almost completely ready to run but it won't get over the final hump.
Administrator
28.04.09 02:37:41

The problem must be that your burner is not recognized. Make sure it is viewed in Windows Explorer and a disc inserted into this burner can be opened by clicking on the drive. Do you have any problems when burning discs using any other programs? How many burners are there on your PC?

Hope to hear from you soon
04.05.09 18:05:08
I have only 1 cd/dvd burner. It works fine. I just burned something to disk using windows xp burn utility. I like avs4you though, that's what I want to use. I also can see the burner in explorer... idisk creator just won't finish loading up - now what?
Administrator
06.05.09 05:19:41

Try to completely uninstall the program following the instruction below:

1. Go Start> All Programs> AVS4YOU> Uninstall.

2. Go Start> Run... Print regedit in the opened window and click Ok. In the opened Registry Editor window please find and delete all AVS4YOU folders.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > AVS4YOU (delete it).

3. Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > AVS4YOU (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Common Files> AVSMedia (delete it).
Go Local Disc (C:)> Documents and Settings> All Users> Application Data> AVS4YOU (delete it).

Now install the program anew on your PC. Here is the download link.

Prior to launching the program, please disable your AV program.

Write back on the result
04.07.09 07:52:33
Hi Nadin, Sorry I was so busy lately. I tried what you said and I also did a system restore to an earlier time. It's working now... Thanks a Bunch!
Administrator
05.07.09 22:56:50

:-) You are most welcome!
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  81