AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
28.01.14 01:00:26
(I was just charged 39.99 for an unlimited subscription that I did not purchase or authorize. Please remove it and refund my money ASAP! Here is the order number that was sent to my Email address 23662575.)

Above is my first attempt to contact your company, this is my second.. I need to know this is going to be taken care of before I take other actions...

Ryanhenderson81@yahoo.com
Nat
28.01.14 09:42:17
To: Ryanhenderson81

Dear Ryan,

We understand your frustration and sorry for any inconvenices caused.

You have been assisted in AVS Support System, please use your e-mail and forum password to log in and track the answer.

Should you have any other questions please contact us at once.

Kind regards
08.02.14 18:26:14
Just curios on this. What might have caused this transaction and will there be a prevention for future cases?
Nat
11.02.14 07:33:56
To: dwaynnyt

The user activated autorenewal option when purchasing AVS4YOU One Year subscription and was charged for AVS4YOU Unlimited Subscription with a discount when the One year subscription expired.
The user could have disabled the option when he first purchased the one year subscription.
When a user purchases AVS4YOU Unlimited subscription the autorenewal option is not available as the subscription period is unlimited for one of his/her computers.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Kind regards
21.05.14 04:27:57
I was very happy with my purchase (unlimited) until I upgraded my pc, I installed the software on an old pc while waiting for the new one.Now after uninstalling from the old slow pc and installing on the newer one I can't activate because I had installed on two different pc's. The worst part is there is no response from your support team which is a really pathetic follow up to such good software. Why can't I install on another pc as long as I uninstall from the other? I have also changed my email address but it is not recognised for key retrieval.
Nat
21.05.14 06:58:11
To: paznbaz

Dear user,

You have been assisted in AVS support system

Kind regards
21.05.14 07:27:54
To: Nat

Not much you can do, I paid for the software once, I will not pay for it again. A warning for anyone else out there who has bought the "unlimited" package,
you will have to keep that same computer forever or pay again if you get a new pc. Good software but rotten company.
Nat
21.05.14 12:47:31

Thank you for the feedback.

According to AVS4YOU licence agreement, if you update your PC, change any PC components, OS, hardrive, etc, you can still use your current licence key to activate the software. However if you change your PC, you need additional licence. As our subscriber you can obtain a discount for it.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards
21.05.14 23:07:28
I still think your policy is wrong, lifetime is lifetime not until you get another pc. As I refuse to pay again I wont be using AVS software anymore but there is countless others that do the same things and I can buy a license to take the software with me as I grow whereas it was nice to have it all in one package. No wonder people revert to pirated software when companies have this policy instead of allowing installation on only one machine at a time. Goodbye AVS!
Nat
22.05.14 07:20:37

Thank you for leaving the feedback.
We are sorry for any inconvenieces caused.

Kind regards
11.10.14 02:47:28
I have 2 different outstanding submitted "troubles". AVS SUPPORT HAS PROVIDED NO USABLE SUPPORT!

I have been waiting since August for any useful response on the simpler first AVSVideoConverter problem for which I have created a pain-in-the-butt workaround. That problems is that AVSConverter does not set priority to anything but NORMAL, no matter what setting is chosen in the program. This interferes with most running applications since it is a heavy CPU consumer. I reported this problem earlier in August 2012, and all the AVS suggestions (reinstall, ...) did not cure the problem.

The second problem I submitted 10/8/14 is that AVSVideoCapture doesn't produce usable captures from vhs input: the sound and video are badly out of sync. AVSVideoCapture no longer produces usable output for me, after years of using it successfully. The hardware is the same as it has been. I had to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit, so a clean install is not the issue for AVS nor the VHS capture hardware drivers. Several other vendors' video capture software work fine.
There hasn't even been an autoresponder response to this trouble submission. Is AVS still in business? After 50 years in the computer biz, I knew to try all the standard stuff: reinstall, change out the VHS capture hardware with an identical one (yes, I have 2 of them - wouldn't you, too, if you use them for something important?), use SSD instead of rotating disk, defrag disks, check drivers for the device (Other vendors' capture software I tried work fine, and the driver is the same as the one from before the Win 7 64 bit reinstall), .....

NO RESPONSE OF ANY KIND YET!

I sent another message to AVS yesterday, still no response.
NO RESPONSE OF ANY KIND YET!

Anyone else having the same lack-of-responsiveness issues from AVS support?
Nat
15.10.14 12:50:00
To: howard.greenbaum@gmail.com

Dear user,

Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.

You have been assisted in AVS Support System.

Kind regards
07.01.15 17:45:49
Wow..I was quite surprised to find so many complaints about non-responsive support as my experience has been just the opposite...until this week! However, I have experieicned the same problem as several others in this forum. I bought a LIFETIME subscription to AVS VIdeo Converter back in 2009. I only use it occassionally but find it very useful when needed. In the past when ever I had any isues like failed hard drives and whatnot they were dealt with promptly and in a courteous manner however, I've submitted two emails to support@avs4you.com and two requests for support on their online support system and in two days I have not gotten any repsonse at all.

I was having a registration issues as I have changed computers and much to my surprise, I've come to find out that I can only install their "LIFETIME" program on the original computer it was initially installed on. Well, if that's in the agreement then it is what it is. But it's a little missleading as who in the heck ever keeps the same computer for a lifetime? I guess like others, I must have missed the small print in the licensing agreement and shmae on me for assuming anything! I guess I must no be the only ignorant person out there....grin.

Anyways, in spite of my missing that not so little detail about the so-called LIFETIME subscription I was still cosidering buying the lifetime suite package for $59, which is a heck of a deal, but between lack of repsonse from their support department and it not really being a "LIFETIME" subscripttion as no one EVER keeps the same computer forever...perhaps I should just use VLC which is free and it converts whatever vidoes that I need. At least I will have no unrealistic expectations from a company that offers free software as opposed to a company that offers lifetime subscriptions which are really only for the life of the current machine and they've become from what have read and experienced, unresponsive to their customers. How sad is it that they don't even want you talking about registration issues on the forum...must be wanting to "HIDE" something from potential new customers?

I've been in business for 33 years and it never ceases to amaze me how a once good company looses sight of their mission and they will let their reputation go to hell and ultimately may fail for being so short sighted. It takes years to build a great reputation but it can be destroyed very quickly as a bad reputation gets around a lot faster than a good one and it will catch up to you at some point and probably a lot sonner than later. Good luck finding another job when the economy goes down.

$59 for the suite they have on sale is a great offer....however, if they won't support it, it is of very llitte use to me. I'll spend my hard earned money on a company that cares what their customers have to say or I'll get free programs and at least then I will not "EXPECT" them to stand behind it.

At least then I will have no EXPECTATIONS...and thus NO DISAPPOINTMENTS.
Nat
12.01.15 15:14:58
To: mike hall

Dear Mike,

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU Support System.

Kind regards
18.03.15 17:00:36
I have gone round and round with the "Support" Team about registering my UNLIMITED License on my new computer...since December (it is now March). I have already uninstalled my software from my old computer. The firewall at my work keeps blocking the activation, and I want the activation done via email. The response I keep getting is that I need to purchase the UNLIMITED license (which I already own). What steps can I take now? No one actually reads my messages from the Support Team, they give me canned responses that have nothing to do with what I need.
Nat
20.03.15 13:55:31
To: grobinson

Dear user,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU support system.

Kind regards
05.09.16 12:25:06
I have contacted support but no response wht do I need to do to get an answer to my questions????
Administrator
06.09.16 08:19:43
To: iangsykes@gmail.com

Hi!

Please be advised that your requests have been answered in our Support System. AVS Support Team is to reply within 48 hours.
05.10.17 04:06:04
Well, I'm having the same issue except I never bought a new machine. Yes, I've had Windows 7 crash on me once, force me to 10, and then Windows 10 has crashed on me at least 4 times requiring a complete rebuild of my OS and software. I have the same email address as always to boot. I sent in multiple support request via your form submission and still no response. In outlook, one can simply put an autoresponder to send an outgoing email once an inbound email is received. Why no acknowledge the time it will take your company to respond to support requests?
Nat
05.10.17 10:19:58
To: sdserlin@yahoo.com

Dear user,

You have been assisted in AVS4YOU support system.

We provide support within 48 hours.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  256