AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
13.03.09 06:27:06
Hi Everyone

I'm interested in purchasing the latest version of AVS Video converter. I've asked these questions to the Support email addresses but I never recieved a reply Hopefully someone here will be able to assist me.

My question is that I see it will convert HD-DVD and Blu-ray DVD's. Is this correct?

If so, will it convert the files to Window media Files (.wmv) but retain all of the high definition elements? Also, will it keep the dolby PLII encoding so the sound can be played in surround sound?

For example, could I convert any mainstream Bluray DVD into a .wmv file and the .wmv file will still be in HD? And will it be with surround sound? If this isnt possible can I convert to another HD Video format?

I've seen High Definition wmv files on the microsoft webpages so it seems like it should be possible, its jjust a quetion if this software does it.

Thanks
14.03.09 19:15:14
To: jamesparker_1

AVS VC6 has a lot of issues which I reported - as licensed user - to their tech support. Not single one was ever answered. Do not waste your money on that like I did. This is dying application and maybe the company got even sued that is why they're silent even for users who spend almost $60 for this piece of c***. Few examples where VC6 fails when converting BD material:
- it will freeze if you try to convert remuxed m2ts/ts container with downsampled audio
- it will produce 12fps (jittered) movie if you try to convert 25fps HD AVHCD or VC-1 movie
- it will NOT let you choose the HD (1080p) video track if m2ts/ts container contain also SD video track (like 480p); which makes this applicaiton completely useless
- it will not recognize an audio track if you try to convert m2ts/ts container that has other than AC3 audio track.
Too many bugs, zero support, forget it! @=
14.03.09 19:21:59
I could not believe but I got response to my tech support request after 9 days of waiting. *YAHOO* Let's see how they are going to take care about my two remaining requests. As of today, I give them one credit. Two more to be earned 8-)
15.03.09 04:43:30
Glad at least somebody got a reply then. :-)

Well, i decided to go ahead and buy the software (this was prior to reading your comments).

However, I am already hitting a hurdle. Trying to convert my Blu-rays to .wmv files (Or converting to any file for that matter) I get the following error (See attached image) :

{path} {file Name}.m2ts

File Format Error

Firstly, as .m2ts files are all I can see on the blu-ray disc I am assuming these are the video files? If so, why wont the program recognise them and when will it be fixed?

I'm guessing this is like esdwa said : - it will NOT let you choose the HD (1080p) video track if m2ts/ts container contain also SD video track (like 480p); which makes this applicaiton completely useless
Attached files:
Administrator
16.03.09 01:03:48
jamesparker_1:
will it convert the files to Window media Files (.wmv) but retain all of the high definition elements? Also, will it keep the dolby PLII encoding so the sound can be played in surround sound?

It will. You can convert your BluRay videos to WMV choosing HD profile. If you would like to retain DolbyDigital audio during conversion, click on Edit Profile and set Channels to All.

jamesparker_1:
I'm guessing this is like esdwa said : - it will NOT let you choose the HD (1080p) video track if m2ts/ts container contain also SD video track (like 480p); which makes this applicaiton completely useless

Please try choosing index.bdmv as input file. This is the file which contains all the information on the videos placed your BluRay disc. You will be able to choose between audio and video tracks (you will see them in Advanced > File Information window of the program).

Regards
17.03.09 12:44:06
To: nadin

Hi there,

I tried using the index.bdmv as the input file as suggested but I am getting the error (see attached file). Can you please help me.

Thanks
Attached files:
Administrator
18.03.09 01:46:59

The problem might be that AVS Video Converter is not installed properly on your PC, i.e. has been downloaded incorrectly. So please try reinstalling it. Follow this link to download the software anew.

If this does not solve the issue, please could you specify if such a problem persists with one particular disc or any other BluRay discs also.

Hope to hear from you soon
05.04.09 07:57:47

Hi Again,

Unfortunately the problem is the same with several Blu-rays.

I've re-installed the software using the link you provided but still get the Error. I tried again using the index.bdmv file and trying twice got the two errors (same error just different adresses) in the attached files (Blu Ray Error 1 and 2). Using a different Blu-Ray Disk I got the same error as in the attached Blu Ray error3.

Using another different Blu Ray disc I got the error in the attached Blu Ray Error 4 file.

For information on my system I am using Vista.

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Administrator
06.04.09 03:36:54

Please download AVSH264Codec.dll, AVSM2TSFile3.dll and AVSMPEGCodecs.dll you can find in post #4108 of the following thread and save these files to the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

Also save AVSBluRayFile3.dll attached here to the same folder.

If you are asked whether you would like to replace the existing files, click Yes.

Then run the Repair utility in order to register .dlls:
1. Close AVS Video Converter and all other running programs and applications.
2. Next follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair

Please inform us on the result
Attached files:
12.04.09 12:16:51
Hi Nadin

As per your advice unfortunately it did not work and I am still getting the same errors.

I look forward to hearing from you,

James

Administrator
14.04.09 03:02:31

Are you trying to import the movie from the disc directly?

Note that AVS software does not let you copy the protected material. And every BluRay movie without exception is copy-protected. For the moment AVS can only track protection in case you convert DVDs. If you import a file from a protected DVD disc, the program will give you an error saying the disc is copy-protected. As for BluRays, however, currently AVS cannot track protection and errors of all kinds might occur. This is a real drawback and our developers are working on it at present.

Best regards
22.07.09 11:59:12

Are you with AVS4you support?
24.09.10 11:43:53
To: esdwa
Hi, James,
I got a prolbem in recording HD using converter 6 edition and when I wrote a letter complaining about it, they sent me the latest AVS4 Conversion 7. Thier latest conversion 7 works good and got nomore problem recording my videos taken using Canon HD video recorder. For those who has load yet Conversion 7 edition try it and for sure it will work. I hope my message will help.

Fred
20.10.10 10:31:21
I wanted to convert my DVD movie collection to save to a server for streaming through my LAN. I have 6 full containers of DVDs and would like to save my back when looking for a movie. I thought AVS conversion software was able to do this.
Am I under a false assumption?

Thanks for your time...
21.10.10 06:44:14
To: RASTERBIT

Hello,

Yes, you can convert DVD with AVS Video Converter. Here you can find the details how to do it.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  103