AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.01.09 12:00:24
I have a 16:9 video project file and want to save to a dvd PAL disk. How can I choose the right aspect ratio ? When I select one of the standard profiles, the video is cropped to 4:3 !
Thanks.
Claude
17.01.09 14:16:06
My JVC camcorder saves MPEG2 files in 16:9 format. WHenever I bring the files into the Avs Video Editor and try to save the movie to mpeg2 format, it it's 4:3.

Is this software unable to maintain the 16:9 format?
17.01.09 14:17:06
Hello,

I'm having an issue with the m2ts format when I use either Video Converter or Video Editor. I have m2ts source video in 16:9 aspect ratio, and doing a properties on the file after importing it to Video Editor confirms it sees it as 16:9. I also set my video project to 16:9 as well. When I create a movie from video editor, all my m2ts video gets converted to the 4:3 aspect ratio (standard format), although I have black bars on the side, so the video itself is 16:9, but my specific video is only 4:3. It doesn't matter what format I output to (MPEG, AVI, etc.), it still comes out the same.

To see if it was more of a global problem, I just took the source file in Video Converter and converted it to other formats and again, when it converted it, the video came out in 4:3 instead of the same widescreen 16:9 ratio it started in.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what did you do to resolve it? I want to be able to create editied videos from my m2ts source video which is widescreen, and create final edited video that is still in widescreen.

Thanks,
Jim
17.01.09 14:17:06
To: dryheat@yahoo.com

I've been fighting with 16:9 for a while... The way I got it to work was with Video COnverter. When converting to a DVD, when clicking the 'Advanced' button, there is a drop down list that lets you set the aspect to 16:9. But even using that, the resulting DVD was just horrible. The resolution was very pixelated. I don't know why. I took the same MPEG files that I used to create the DVD and used TMPGen and Nero... BOTH came out crystal clear with 16:9 and I didn't have to specify any aspect ratio. It was done automatically. AVS seemed to choke.

I"m becoming more disappointed with this software as I go. I don't like having all these tools that do sort of the same thing but one does it better than the next... Seemed like it made sense before, but, now as I've started using them, they're all doing one thing better or worse than the next. :(
Dam
Administrator
19.01.09 23:58:18
Hello,

Yes, you are right. That is our fault and we are working on the issue.

I will inform you as soon as the issue is solved.

Thank you very much for the information.
21.01.09 02:02:51
To: clawi
Works fine now with AVS Video Editor 4.1.1.111
Thank you

I to have a JVC camera and videos in 16:9 ---> My procedure is

-first save the .mod files on your HD

-convert to .mpg with SDcopy software from Zyvid ( http://zyvid.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=280.0;id=153 ) and check the "Set widescreen flag(16:9) checkbox

-then import the .mpg file in Video Editor 4.1.1.111 (this last version solved the problem for saving to DVD format )

Let know to all if this solved your problem
Experienced User
21.01.09 02:03:51
I'm using Video Editor version 4.1.1.111 and inporting MTS and M2TS files fron a Canon HG10. The images display perfectly through a television direct from the camera but in the editor preview the image is elongated vertically making all the figures tall and slim! I also get a black border on the top and bottom of a burnt DVD.The DVD has the black borders too. I can get rid of the borders by scaling to 100% but the image is still elongated. The imported image is 1920 x 1080 px 16:9 ratio.
I guess I need to edit the project properties but cannot see where to do this.
Any help in resolving this issue please?
Administrator
24.02.09 03:14:04
I am glad to inform you that aspect issue has been resolved and will be corrected in the newest version of the software.
Please wait for the update. I will let you know as soon as it is available.

Regards
Administrator
06.04.09 03:24:36
The bug has been corrected in AVSH264Codec.dll, AVSM2TSFile3.dll and AVSMPEGCodecs.dll zipped and attached here.
Please save these files to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

If you are asked whether you would like to replace the existing files, click Yes.

Then run the Repair utility in order to register .dlls:
1. Close AVS Video Converter and all other running programs and applications.
2. Next follow Start > All Programs > AVS4YOU > Repair

Best regards

(The .dlls have been deleted, as they have been included into the latest update. Update AVS files following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager)
04.05.09 07:23:47
I have also been having the aspect ratio issue with video from my CANON digital video camera. The problem is that the cameras that use this format (CANON, JVC, Panasonic) store the aspect ratio info and other data about the video in the MOD file in a 2nd external file (*.MOI). It seems that most video editing software packages do not know how to handle this additional info so they show the imported video as 4:3 when it was recorded in 16:9.

It is also important not to rename your MOD file or discard the MOI file when you copy your video from the camera to your PC. Both files are required during the conversion process to get the aspect ratio correct. I found a 3rd party converter that just fixes this MOD file (reads the MOD and MOI and converts the file to a true MPG format) so I can edit them with the AVS Editor program. I tried AVS Converter 6 and it still did not handle the MOD files correctly. I would be nice if the AVS products understood this format better to eliminate the need for another step in the editing process.
Administrator
06.05.09 02:34:05
To: mrogers

We`d be glad to receive a short .mod file and a .moi from your camera. Please could you upload them to our FTP server for testing. This would help us to clear up this problem. Please check up the support page for more info.

Thank you in advance
06.05.09 12:33:22
To: nadin

I uploaded a short video that I shot with my CANON video camera to your FTP site. I put all of the files in a folder named "Mike Rogers". They include:

1) The original video clip (and its attached *.MOI file)
2) A corrected version of the same video (now in 16:9 format saved as a true MPG file) that I fixed with the 3rd party utility I found on the web.
3) Two PDF files that explain the MOD and MOI formats
4) A PDf file from the website of the 3rd party utility that I am using (MODCOPY)

I hope this gives you enough info to review this issue. It would be great to be able to import the native MOD files into AVS Video Editor 4 (and have their Aspect Ratio be correct) so that I can edit them and create my end results without having to go through the conversion process first. If not, then I would like to be able to use your AVS Video Converter 6 to do the conversion since it has a much nicer interface than the Batch file utility (MODCOPY) that I am currently using.

Thank you for the help.
Administrator
12.05.09 03:19:31

Thank you for the files. They have been handed along to our developers. I'll keep you informed.

Regards
Administrator
14.05.09 05:25:43
I`m glad to inform you that the bug has been corrected. :-)

Please save the files attached to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX
If you are asked whether you would like to overwrite the existing .dlls, click on Yes.

Then run the Repair utility in order to register the .dlls:

Please inform me on the result

(The .dll have been deleted, as they have been included into the latest update. Update AVS files following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager)
14.12.09 09:44:32

Hi,

The bug still exits !
I use AVS Video Editor v 4.2.1.166 and I have the same problem using a .ts file generated by dvbviewer 4.2.0 from DVB-T
The video preview is good in the main windows but whan I select 16:9, the output is in 4:3

It works fine with HDTV file with .ts filetype however

Can you fix this ? Do you need a part of my ts file ?

Thanks
15.12.09 03:19:03
To: ratus69

Hello,

Could you please specify to what format you save your ts file in AVS Video Editor and what presets with output settings you select?

Regards.
15.12.09 06:03:56
To: Vlad

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for replying, well your question gived me a clue and I realized that I used 640x480 for output and it's not a 16:9 ratio

I was just thinking AVS Studio Editor was switching automatically to a resolution accorded to the aspect ratio, but for 4:3 or 16:9 ratio it's still 640x480 that is used for default...

So perhaps this parameter could be improve ?

Thanks again

Chris
17.12.09 04:49:10
To: ratus69

Mainly, these buttons 4:3 or 16:9 intended for preview in AVS Video Editor, so you could see how your video will look in the aspect you need. When you save movie to video file you should compare the aspect selected on preview with output resolution.
rev
28.08.10 20:12:05

I am unable to download these files from the links in the forum. Can you please point me to a link that works as I am having issues with the aspect ratio of my MOD files.

"
rev
28.08.10 20:15:03

I am anable to download these files form the links provided. Can you please point me to somewhere that I can get them as I am haveing big issues with my MOD video files aspect ratio.

"
06.04.09 03:24:36
The bug has been corrected in AVSH264Codec.dll, AVSM2TSFile3.dll and AVSMPEGCodecs.dll zipped and attached here.
Please save these files to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX

If you are asked whether you would like to replace the existing files, click Yes.

Then run the Repair utility in order to register .dlls:

Best regards

(The .dlls have been deleted, as they have been included into the latest update. Update AVS files following Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager)
"
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  90