AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
31.05.18 14:18:38
I ran 64-bit Windows: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AVSMedia\ActiveX\Repairing.exe. It reported 100% success but running AE.exe again showed same error.

"And, please, tell us what version of Windows and what antivirus do you use?"

Windows 10 Pro v1709 OS Build 16299.431

Intel(4) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU @ 2Ghz 8.00GB Ram
64-bit OS, x64-based processor

AVG AntiVirus (Free) Version 18.4.3056 Definitions 180531-0 (Today)

So I tried turning the AntiVirus off and ran AE again - no change.
Developer
31.05.18 15:13:54
G-Rush:

Perhaps, the sandbox in your AVG AntiVirus is active and AVSAudioEditor is launched in sandbox, where access to the Registry and file system is intercepted (virtualization). If our program is run in sandbox, it reads settings (from Registry) and writes files (log) not in the usual places. Try to check this...
31.05.18 23:11:12
RomanN:
G-Rush:

Perhaps, the sandbox in your AVG AntiVirus is active and AVSAudioEditor is launched in sandbox, where access to the Registry and file system is intercepted (virtualization). If our program is run in sandbox, it reads settings (from Registry) and writes files (log) not in the usual places. Try to check this...

I tried to check this out by googling "AVG sandbox" but there's little information there. As far as I know I do not have any sandbox software on my PC and nothing in the AVG Settings mentions a sandbox. I have put \AVSAudioEditor.exe as an exception for scanning in AVG, but that makes no difference. I assume that searching the PC files for the log file would still turn it up somewhere. Can you explain how I go about finding out whether AE is running in a sandbox and how to either turn that off, or else find the log file in the sandbox ? This is all a bit above my pay-grade.

I was able to create an AVSAudioEditor.DMP dump file in the Task Manager - don't know if it will help. However it was 232Mb in raw form and 63Mb zipped so both are too large to attach. Let me know how to get it to you if you think it would help.

What I can't understand is what is so different about Audio Editor that it is the only one of your 12 packages that have this problem on my PC. Everything else just works !
Nat
05.06.18 07:42:23
To: G-Rush

Dear Graham,

Unfortunately for now we cannot tell the reason of the issue you encount.

There is some incompatibility issue with your PC and AVS Audio Editor.

Please try to use AVS Audio Editor on some other PC.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  1  Luisa Gomez
Guests:  466